Windows 10: Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

Discus and support Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelIngram6, May 23, 2021.

1. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that I need to make a system repair disc and a system image. I was able to create the system repair disc with no issues however I am unable to creat

:)

MichaelIngram6, May 23, 2021
  2. Anon7861 Win User

Capacity of external system image hard drive

In creating a system image, what capacity hard drive the backup must be saved on?
    Should the capacity of the external hard drive equal or exceed that of the source drive?

In the event of a system crash, how is the operating system restored with the system image created?

Anon7861, May 23, 2021
  3. System image on an external hard drive in Windows 10?

How can I create a System image on an external hard drive in Windows 10?

Keith T Rowe, May 23, 2021
  4. BudE Win User

Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

Using system Image external hard drive or system repair disc.

Could some one give me step by step instructions on how to use either a system repair disc or a system image on a external hard drive. My computer has been acting up, losing files, documents, music and pictures, right clicking on start button will not produce context menu, and clicking on edge does not open it. I created a system image and a repair disc a month or so ago, but do not know how to use them to see if my problems could be fixed. Also, can't I just reinstall windows? How do I do that without a CD. None came with the computer; Thanks for any help.

Thema:

Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

1. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Create System

2. External Hard Drive is not being recognized by create a system image in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive is not being recognized by create a system image in control panel: I am having problems with my drive being recognised in the 'create a system image'.I wanted to back up my entire computer by creating a system image as I'm currently in Windows 11 Insider Program Dev. Channel and want to downgrade to Win 10.Thus, when I plugged in my external...
  3. External Hard Drive is not being recognized by create a system image in control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive is not being recognized by create a system image in control panel: I am having problems with my drive being recognised in the 'create a system image'.I wanted to back up my entire computer by creating a system image as I'm currently in Windows 11 Insider Program Dev. Channel and want to downgrade to Win 10.Thus, when I plugged in my external...
  4. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating system Image to external drive: Hi,I am unable to create a system image to a brand new western digital external drive. My C drive has 170BG & the usb I’m trying to back it up to has 230GB spare.When I attempt to create the system image, it comes up with 'This drive is not a valid backup location'.I've tired...
  5. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating system Image to external drive: Hi,I am unable to create a system image to a brand new western digital external drive. My C drive has 170BG & the usb I’m trying to back it up to has 230GB spare.When I attempt to create the system image, it comes up with 'This drive is not a valid backup location'.I've tired...
  6. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.: Hi,I have installed 2 SSD and 1 Hard drive, I am running windows 11 OS, previously I was able to create system image on my hard drive but now when I open the app to create a new backup, it don't show my hard drive in dropdown.As you can see there is a 2 TB Hard drive E...
  8. Create System Image of External Drive

Create System Image of External Drive: My mother's Dell 5566 laptop died mid-use last week - pretty sure it's the mobo. She hasn't backed up recently so she wants to do that before she takes it in to get fixed I'm working on it with her remotely. Got her a SATA cable to check it using another laptop and it's...
  9. Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.

Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.: So currently I am trying to create a system image of my PC on a hard drive. When I go to select my HDD D: as the location for backup, the options were only my SSD E:, and after looking through some answers online I tried to reformat my hard drive which again still wouldn't...
  10. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system restore in an external hard drive: I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad happens.Is it possible? submitted...