Windows 10: Can't create task in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Can't create task in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up.

Can't create task in Task Scheduler [​IMG]

I press OK, and this pops up:

Here is the transcript:

"Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in

FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Exception type:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Exception stack trace:
    at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.INetwork.GetName() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.UINetwork.GetUINetwork(INetwork network) at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.NetworkListManager.GetNetworkList() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.ControlTaskConditions.PopulateNetworkComboBox() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.ControlTaskConditions.InitializeConditions() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EditTaskDialog.InitializeView() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EditTaskDialog.Initialize(UITaskFolder folder, String taskName, String title, UserChoice userAction, BaseResultsControl inOwnerView, String inXmlText) at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.BaseResultsControl.CreateTask(UITaskFolder folder, String initialTaskName, String taskXml) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Action.RaiseTriggeredEvent(Object sender, AsyncStatus status) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.DoAction(Int32 actionId, Boolean selectionDependent, Int32 selectionId, IRequestStatus requestStatus) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)"

Pressing OK leads me to this:

I already tried running /sfc scannow. It didn't find any violations. I tried creating another user account, suspecting that my current one was corrupted. The problem persists. As a final resort, I performed a repair install via an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. It's still there.

Creating a basic task does work, though, weirdly enough.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

:)

djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018
  2. njk18 Win User

created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Original title: Task Scheduler At Root

I accidentally created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it. I realized that i needed to create a folder below the root to properly manage it. How do I remove the task at the root? I can't find it in the registry
    but it seems to still run.

njk18, Mar 2, 2018
  3. created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Hi,

As per your concern to delete the scheduled task, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the task scheduler by pressing Windows + R
    keys, and type taskschd.msc

2. Click on the task scheduler(Local)
    in the left pane.

3. Now under the Active tasks, select the task you have created.

4. Double click on the task.

5. It will navigate you to the created task. Now, right click on the task, and click on
    delete option, and confirm it.

Do let us know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018
Thema:

Can't create task in Task Scheduler

1. Can't create task in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Can't create task

2. task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    task scheduler: HI all How can I make my email receive a notification when my PC restart on Win 10 64x ? Example I have a pc when it shutdown or restart its make a problems with me how can I make this pc send an email to me when the PC restarted ?...
  3. task scheduler

task scheduler: ok so my housemate accessed my computer while i was outside hanging wash and tried to blame my cat for it but anyways i don't know what he did but it keeps creating a txt document with notepad on my laptops desktop with pre arranged wording already in it repeating the same...
  4. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  5. Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler: I was searching for XAMPP local server to auto run at windows startup. I found a YouTube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYeGxcWdAUI , I followed the instructions Everything worked fine until at the end of a popup for password Other than my MS email account and...
  6. Why can't I create a scheduled task?

Why can't I create a scheduled task?: In Task Scheduler, when try to create a task to run at start-up, prior to log-on, I get this result: "Task Scheduler cannot create the task. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the user account does not have permission to create this task." I'm...
  7. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: At one time I was showed how to set an alarm using Task scheduler. It worked great when I was using Windows 7. Since I have upgraded to Windows 10, it doesn't work anymore. I put in the scheduler the same words but when it is time to go, a pop up comes and asks "what...
  8. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler: Will this work without username password logging on? In windows7 you had to have password to make it work. 35020
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: Does anyone know how often the app update task schedule runs? And how to change it? I have auto app updates switched off but I know the update checker still runs. As I will sometimes open store and see app updates waiting to be manually downloaded. I'm not saying the above...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.windows.managementui.combinedcontrols.networklistmanager.getnetworklist