Windows 10: Can't create task in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Can't create task in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up.

Can't create task in Task Scheduler [​IMG]

I press OK, and this pops up:

Here is the transcript:

"Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in

FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4}

The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Exception type:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Exception stack trace:
    at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.INetwork.GetName() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.UINetwork.GetUINetwork(INetwork network) at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.NetworkListManager.GetNetworkList() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.ControlTaskConditions.PopulateNetworkComboBox() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.ControlTaskConditions.InitializeConditions() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EditTaskDialog.InitializeView() at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.EditTaskDialog.Initialize(UITaskFolder folder, String taskName, String title, UserChoice userAction, BaseResultsControl inOwnerView, String inXmlText) at Microsoft.Windows.ManagementUI.CombinedControls.BaseResultsControl.CreateTask(UITaskFolder folder, String initialTaskName, String taskXml) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Action.RaiseTriggeredEvent(Object sender, AsyncStatus status) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.DoAction(Int32 actionId, Boolean selectionDependent, Int32 selectionId, IRequestStatus requestStatus) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo) at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest() at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)"

Pressing OK leads me to this:

I already tried running /sfc scannow. It didn't find any violations. I tried creating another user account, suspecting that my current one was corrupted. The problem persists. As a final resort, I performed a repair install via an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. It's still there.

Creating a basic task does work, though, weirdly enough.

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance.

:)

djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018
  2. njk18 Win User

created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Original title: Task Scheduler At Root

I accidentally created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it. I realized that i needed to create a folder below the root to properly manage it. How do I remove the task at the root? I can't find it in the registry
    but it seems to still run.

njk18, Mar 2, 2018
  3. created a task scheduler task at the root Task Scheduler (Local) and can't delete it

Hi,

As per your concern to delete the scheduled task, try the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the task scheduler by pressing Windows + R
    keys, and type taskschd.msc

2. Click on the task scheduler(Local)
    in the left pane.

3. Now under the Active tasks, select the task you have created.

4. Double click on the task.

5. It will navigate you to the created task. Now, right click on the task, and click on
    delete option, and confirm it.

Do let us know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

djdelarosa25, Mar 2, 2018
Thema:

Can't create task in Task Scheduler

1. Can't create task in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Can't create task

2. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  3. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler needs password when creating a task: I am trying to create a scheduled task. I ran the task scheduler as administrator, I am also logged in as administrator. After I set everything up and click the OK button to create a scheduled task, a box pops up asking for my user name and password. I do not have password...
  4. Task scheduler needs password when creating a task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  6. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  7. Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10

Task Scheduler - Create task to stop another task Windows 10: I have created a task in Task Scheduler in Windows that runs a small batch file at log on and re-runs every 10 minutes. This works fine as intended. But, now I want to setup this task to stop running when computer is idle for more than 30 minutes. In task configuration page...
  8. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  9. Create task in task scheduler

Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  10. Why can't I create a scheduled task?

Why can't I create a scheduled task?: In Task Scheduler, when try to create a task to run at start-up, prior to log-on, I get this result: "Task Scheduler cannot create the task. The user account is unknown, the password is incorrect, or the user account does not have permission to create this task." I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler cannot create the task. the user account is unknown

2. cant create task in scheduler

3. task scheduler cannot create the task. the user account is unknown the pass

4. cannot create task scheduler,
  5. task scheduler create task 0x80070002,
  6. task scheduler cannot create the task. The user account is unknown the password is incorrect or the user account does not have permission to create this task,
  7. task scheduler no more threads can be created