Windows 10: Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

Discus and support Can't Cursor Over To Second Display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin Locke, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor" and "The Laptop", arranged in a way so that, if they're right next to each other on the screen, that enables you to cursor your mouse from the laptop to the monitor by going right? Well, I kind of accidentally arranged it so that the monitor was to the top right corner of the laptop; they aren't even touching each other. Only my laptop is selected, but the problem is, when I try to go to "Settings" to fix this problem, it opens in my monitor, the display I can't even cursor over to. So now, I can only do things on my laptop and can't even cursor over to my monitor. Is there any way I can fix this problem?

:)

Kevin Locke, Nov 11, 2020
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Galirn Win User
    Mouse Cursor on second screen changes randomly

• Did the issue only occur when you updated your graphics card?
      • Appears to have only begun with the new graphics card. It's an AMD RX480 card. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers prior to installing the new AMD drivers. It doesn't occur on the first monitor, only second. Which would indicate either something in the
        translation between monitors or something along those lines.
    • Are your drivers up to date?
      • From my understanding they all are, I try to keep everything up to date.
    • Have you checked if the problem is the mouse itself?
      • I do not currently have a second mouse, but the fact that it's only when it tracks to the second screen. On first screen everything is good. The normal cursor displays, but when I track to the second screen that's when the weirdness happens.
    • Are you using a wired mouse
      • Yes

Galirn, Nov 11, 2020
  4. damtachoa Win User

Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

1. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display - Similar Threads - Can't Cursor Second

2. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  3. Second Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Display: I'm unable to detect my second display since upgrading computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-display/47032ee7-f129-4521-abd2-94986695d0dd
  4. Can't resize second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize second display: I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and...
  5. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display: I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB Dock. I use the laptop display as well in the middle right below the other two monitors. When my pointer is on the laptop...
  6. box over cursor

box over cursor: Why does a box ( apparently containing site info) hover over my cursor when attempting to open website, making it difficult to impossible to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/box-over-cursor/a4d67080-0d90-418a-89da-3ee3c5500f06
  7. cursor display

cursor display: How, or where do I go, to set the thickness of my cursor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-display/f37b937c-6f07-4614-9b13-46c4726fec61
  8. Second Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second Display: My computer no longer see my second display. Nothing changed that I'm aware of except the missing display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/second-display/a180cb04-7e03-4ca0-b627-271a01317896
  9. Can't display second screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't display second screen: When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display". When I do WIN +P, I see message "Your PC can't project to another screen". Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. What do I...
  10. Cursor crosses over to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor crosses over to second screen: Hi, this started happening to me after a windows reinstall. When i play games that lock the cursor to screen 1 and i move the cursor to the right edge the arrow becomes seen on screen 2 even though its point cannot leave screen 1. Example: if i move the cursor up and down...