Windows 10: Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

Discus and support Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Póg Mothóin, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take effect.For example, I want to turn off finance and traffic cards but they never disappear:

:)

Póg Mothóin, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. alijcam Win User
    Start Menu Customisation

I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps.
    Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start menu on 9926 (thanks!), but tinkering with the registry entries that controlled the icon sizes in W7 doesn't seem to work in W10TP.
    However, there is clearly some mechanism that configures the 'all programs' list to use small icons
    Anyone have any suggestions to change the main start list to small(er) icons?

I suppose what i'm wanting is the W7 desktop back - and that's probably not far from the truth; for a desktop user, the W7 Aero presentation was smart, nice to look at, and more productive because it had better delineation between content and functional zones that the Playschool (is this to become the new name for it?) UI doesn't seem to have (for me).

Retain the options to allow the users the options to configure the UI presentation the way they are happiest with, and perhaps then do the analytics to see what everyone chooses?

alijcam, Jun 23, 2022
  4. edee Win User

Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

Start Menu Customisation

Download StartIsBack and you will pretty much have the Windows 7 desktop back .... minus the aero effect. StartIsBack is a reincarnation of the Windows 7 start menu.

I just whish they would bring back being able to customize the login screen instead of having to use those fugly solid colors.

Thema:

Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

1. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't customise News

2. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  3. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Cortana
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  4. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests Menu Should be Optional: Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of irrelevant fake news whenever I use it. And I don't just want to HIDE these things. I want them gone. Ideally there'd be a button...
  5. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Menu Should be Optional: Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of irrelevant fake news whenever I use it. And I don't just want to HIDE these things. I want them gone. Ideally there'd be a button...
  6. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  7. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  8. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...