Windows 10: Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App.

Discus and support Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently had to reinstall the Mail app due to constant sync issues, and noticed that there were no longer options for fonts and images in a signature,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stonehill22, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App.

Recently had to reinstall the Mail app due to constant sync issues, and noticed that there were no longer options for fonts and images in a signature, just a plain text box. I reinstalled the app multiple times through "Add or remove programs" along with Powershell and the issue persists.

Info if you need it:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

System Model Inspiron 15-7569
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.20.0, 4/23/2019

:)

stonehill22, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Custom Signature in Mail??

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. Are you using outlook or other third party app?

If you are using mail app I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Go to mail app.
    • Tap on Switch to Setting icon on bottom left.
    • Go to options.
    • Turn on Signature; Choose the Signature you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mail Signature formatting gone

Until an hour or so ago, I had formatting options on a toolbar within Windows 10 Mail > Settings > Signature and my saved signatures showed the appropriate font, color, links, and logo. If I paste in my formatted signature from elsewhere, it is simply plain
    text.

Within the Windows 10 apps list, I needed to reset my Mail/Calendar app(s) as a troubleshooting step for something else. Selections I had previously had to be redone, which I expected. For the signature, however, I cannot redo them because it no longer
    has the same features.

I can see from various searches that in the Mail app's past, it only supported plain-text signatures, so I imagine this unexpectedly set me back to some earlier version of the app and I actually lost current functionality.

How can I fix this and get back to the same features my version of Windows 10 Mail had when I first set it up?

Michael424, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App.

Adding signature...

Hi kathy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Please follow the below steps to add signature on mail app.

Step 1.

• Go the browser and open Outlook.com and log-in on the email.
    • Click on gear box go to option.
    • Locate for the Formatting, font and signature and click on it.
    Once you create the signature go to mail app to turn on the signature option. Follow the below steps:

Step 2.

• Open the mail app click on
      gear box

• Now click on option and turn on the
      signature option.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App.

1. Can't customize/format signatures in the Windows 10 Mail App. - Similar Threads - Can't customize format

2. Windows Mail App Windows 11 - Signature not displaying formatting options/images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App Windows 11 - Signature not displaying formatting options/images: As the title says, in the Windows Mail App, when going to the signature option, all that appears is a blank box for plain text. Formatting options and the ability to insert images have disappeared. On Windows 10, I do not have this issue....
  3. Windows Mail App Windows 11 - Signature not displaying formatting options/images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App Windows 11 - Signature not displaying formatting options/images: As the title says, in the Windows Mail App, when going to the signature option, all that appears is a blank box for plain text. Formatting options and the ability to insert images have disappeared. On Windows 10, I do not have this issue....
  4. Mail app signature windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app signature windows issue: Hi, It seems that the signature tab form the windows build-in app is not letting me edit signature format.When I started using this app the signature windows was like this:I fell that I'm doing soemthing wrong, but I can't figure what. Can you give me a helping hand?Thank...
  5. Mail app signature windows issue

Mail app signature windows issue: Hi, It seems that the signature tab form the windows build-in app is not letting me edit signature format.When I started using this app the signature windows was like this:I fell that I'm doing soemthing wrong, but I can't figure what. Can you give me a helping hand?Thank...
  6. Windows 10 Mail - Signature Formatting is now Gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - Signature Formatting is now Gone!: Windows Mail Version 16005.13426.20688.0 - Where did the Formatting disappear too? Below is what it used to look like. This did nothing: Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell Admin. Copy paste the following command and hit Enter:...
  7. Windows Mail app Signature gone

Windows Mail app Signature gone: Hi, Up until yesterday my windows mail app was great and had a custom signature for all accounts. Today, i had a windows update and the app was shutting down every time it opened after the update. I had to reset the app and when I did so I lost my custom signature. I...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Signature formatting gone

Windows 10 Mail Signature formatting gone: Until an hour or so ago, I had formatting options on a toolbar within Windows 10 Mail > Settings > Signature and my saved signatures showed the appropriate font, color, links, and logo. If I paste in my formatted signature from elsewhere, it is simply plain text. Within the...
  9. Signatures in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Signatures in mail app: Just curious if it is possible to insert a picture in the standard mail app, as opposed to just text. Gmail has the option (see pic) and I'd like to do the same for the mail app too. Any ideas? [img] 31792
  10. Multiple Signatures in Mail App?

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Signatures in Mail App?: Is there any way to set, choose from, and use one of a variety of signatures in Windows 10 Mail App? 39107