Windows 10: Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?

Discus and support Can't customize tab in new chromium edge? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I unfortunately updated my edge browser to the new chromium version. Didn't even know they were pushing a new edge browser until after the updates. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r6siegeplaya, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?

I unfortunately updated my edge browser to the new chromium version. Didn't even know they were pushing a new edge browser until after the updates.

It seems like this release is super buggy. I am unable to customize the tab at all.

When looking around, I see that apparently there should be a gear icon on the top right corner of a new tab page where you can choose your settings. In my version of the edge browser, this gear button is missing, thus I am unable to customize tabs at all. I am forced to use their super bright eye sore image as a start up page. Oh my!

If I were not a primarily Firefox user, I'd be through the roof right about now. Luckily I can mostly ignore it hoping they will fix this bug. But in the meantime, does anyone else experience this issue or know of a fix?

submitted by /u/r6siegeplaya
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/r6siegeplaya, Jun 17, 2020
  2. N7AS Win User

Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing?

3. Edge new tab

Hi Pat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Especially for Edge, its New tab page also shows “suggested content” which is like a MSN page with weather, news, and featured apps from Windows Store.

Can't customize tab in new chromium edge? edge_newtab_10122_1.png

In Microsoft Edge, you have an option not to show the New tab page when you open a new tab. Just head to the ellipsis icon at the top right then select Settings. In Settings panel, you’ll see the option “Open new tab with.” In the drop-down menu, select
    “Blank page” to disable New tab page.

Can't customize tab in new chromium edge? edge_newtab_10122_2.png

Can't customize tab in new chromium edge? edge_newtab_10122_3.png

How to disable suggested content in New tab page

Suggested content has your information at a glance: weather, national news, local news, and even featured apps from the Store. Sometimes you don’t want to see this cluster and wish to hide it. To do that, you need to open Settings via the ellipsis icon.
    Then select “Top sites” in the drop-down menu of “Open new tab with.”

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 17, 2020
  4. cobiko Win User

Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?

Edge new tab

I understand that a new tab option is customizable in IE. However, the question was how can one customize it in Edge, other than the 3 options (Top Sites and Suggested Content, Top Sites or A Blank page)?

cobiko, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't customize tab in new chromium edge?

1. Can't customize tab in new chromium edge? - Similar Threads - Can't customize tab

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser tab sleep problems: Anybody else having issues with this feature? Browser tabs go to sleep and either don't wake up or take forever to wake up. I have the same issue with Google Chrome, which make sense because both browsers are now Chromium based. Tab sleep has been around for several years now...
  4. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  5. Edge (v86.0.622.58) - New Tab Page issue - unable to customize

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (v86.0.622.58) - New Tab Page issue - unable to customize: After this mornings update to version 86.0.622.58 the New Tab shows me the default page, not the one that I had before. Now I get this: [img] When I go into Settings > New Tab > Customise, I still get the same. .. Before the following options were displayed [img]...
  6. Change New Tab in Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Change New Tab in Edge Chromium: In Edge Chromium, when I click on a new tab, can I have it go to Google instead of Bing? 157181
  7. Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced to use Bing New Tab page on Edge Chromium?: Hey all, So this past month I recommended Edge Chromium to another person, and they finally got around to installing it on their MacBook Pro. They loved nearly everything about it, including the nice touchbar integrations and such. (I'm a total Mac hater but its still good)...
  8. New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In: Trying out the new Chromium Edge and it won't let me sign into anything google. Keeps coming up with the following error. I have checked all the settings and everything looks ok. Hope someone can help.Thanks in advance. [img] 149287
  9. Tab management in Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tab management in Chromium Edge: submitted by /u/draaakje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehn8yf/tab_management_in_chromium_edge/
  10. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...