Windows 10: Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

Discus and support Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there! Hope you're all okay and safe during this crazy pandemic and these unfortunately hate-filled times in the US... I have a small question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alin Stanescu, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

Hi there! Hope you're all okay and safe during this crazy pandemic and these unfortunately hate-filled times in the US...

I have a small question regarding the May 2020 update. When I check for updates with Windows Update, I don't see the update but I see the banner saying that the update is on its way and once its ready for my device, I'll see it on the WU page, but I also saw on my laptop manufacturer's website Wortmann, on my laptop's support page, that they published an ISO containing the May 2020 update. And I'm a little bit confused. I don't know what I should do. That's why I came here, for a little advice.

What should I do? Should I wait for the 2004 update to come through WU or should I install it using the ISO Wortmann provided?

Thank you so much!

Stay safe and be kind to each other.

Have a nice day! Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the... :D

:)

Alin Stanescu, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jun 24, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

updates still waiting to install from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What do you mean by the statement updates are waiting to occur?
    • Aren't you able to see the downloads/updates?
    • Isn't the updates getting installed on your computer?

Nevertheless, I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if these helps.
    Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press
      enter.
    • Click on ‘System and Security' and select
      ‘Windows Update' then click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the...

1. Can't decide if I should wait for the May 2020 update or if I should install it using the... - Similar Threads - Can't decide should

2. Should I install updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install updates?: [ATTACH] Should I install updates on my fresh system? I'm wondering if the default (without updates installed) windows is bundled with all necessary security features and will run stable without updates. Because knowing how updates may break windows I'd just prefer to...
  3. Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I Wait for Windows 21H1?: Hey all! Word on the street is the new Windows version 21H1 is planned to come out this month. I don't want to install 20H2 only to have to do a big update a few days later, don't like installing Windows on top of Windows, always has little issues that trigger me like leaving...
  4. Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I update to 20H2 or wait for 21H1?: I just bought a Fujitsu Q704 convertible and it is running windows 10 pro 1909. It has the 20H2 version listed in available updates, and I am wondering if I should allow it to do so, or wait for the 21H1 version? It has a i3 processo r and 4gb of ram. It seems to run 1909...
  5. Not receiving the May 2020 update - should I manually update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not receiving the May 2020 update - should I manually update?: I have an old laptop from 2013 and the Windows Update tells me for months now that I am going to get the May 2020, version 2004 update. all my other laptops/pcs already received it and already updated to 20H2. But maybe my laptop won't update because it's too old and it...
  6. Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?

Version 2004 install crashes - should I wait?: I have Win 10 Pro version 1909. A month or so ago I did several Win updates and also tried to update to Win 10 Version 2004 and got the crash - STOPCODE: system thread exception not handled. I went to safe mode and uninstalled and updated to the latest Intel Video driver....
  7. Should i wait???

Should i wait???: Version 2004 update. Should i postpone the update after heard so many bugs and issues? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-wait/aa4bda1d-04d4-43e3-ab55-d5daa2b1f8d5
  8. Should I update my pc or wait?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I update my pc or wait?: I am still running the Mid-February update KB4532693 for windows 10 1909, after I had problems with KB4535996 and rollled back. I haven't updated since, and was wondering if I should keep updates paused or update today? I am new to the windows 10 operating system and I just...
  9. Newest Win 10 update and should i update or wait?

Newest Win 10 update and should i update or wait?: Hi, I am new to Win 10. I presently have 1909 on one of my computers (Win 10 Pro 64-bit). How can I find out what the newest version available is? And should I update or wait? From what I understand, there are a number of issues with new versions when they first come out and...
  10. AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?

AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?: Hi All, Just finished putting the final touches on my upgraded rig. The main reason for the upgrade was because it was a bit long in the tooth. The main hardware was around 9 years old. I upgraded to the following hardware: MSI B450 Pro Carbon MB, Ryzen 7 1700x CPU, RX590-8...