Windows 10: Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options: [img] 135380 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Steve C, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options:

Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro? [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Jun 29, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jun 29, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Defer Windows Updates

What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro --

-- feature updates?

-- quality updates?

4. tcebob Win User

Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

Apparently, "defer" does not refer to postponing updates to a more convenient time. Microsoft's explanation:

• "Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn't affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available."
    I had it turned on and wondered why no update had been done for over a month. It finally happened in mid afternoon when I stepped away for a break, and l had to wait quite a while to get back to work.

The best you can do is set Active Hours, which will postpone updates until a better time of day. Active Hours is a maximum of 12 hours. I've set mine to 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sleep mode won't stop it. But I don't think MS has a way to turn on your computer.

tcebob, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Can't Defer Feature

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Features Update to Windows 10 V1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Features Update to Windows 10 V1903: Apologies for the long post: I have a mini pc that I bought online and it has worked wonderfully until the Windows 10 upgrade came along and now every time Windows throws yet another pile at us, absolutely EVERYTHING goes down the toilet. The upgrade alone took MONTHS to get...
  6. Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options

Windows 10 V1903: The ‘broken’ defer update options: Hi! Since May 2019 Update there is the problem that if you enter Values (Days) on Advanced Update Options in Windows 10 Pro to delay the "Feature Updates" and "Quality Updates" for more than 0 Days, these options will disappear completely at the next reboot. If you enter...
  7. Feature Update Windows 10 v1903 query

Feature Update Windows 10 v1903 query: Hi I have been updating the windows updates on my 2 daughters' laptops. One of them said that support runs out in November 2019 for this version of Windows and i needed to install Feature Update v1903, which I did (over the best part of 2 days). However on the other laptop,...
  8. Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded: If you had a non-zero value set for the "defer feature updates" option in Windows 10 Pro prior to upgrading to v1903, that option no longer appears in the "Advanced Options" Windows Update settings section after the upgrade. A number of people have noticed this. Is this being...
  9. Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings

Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings: Due to the current issues with the October 2018 Update rollout, I want to defer this feature update for two months (this is the first time since 2015 that I don't want one of these updates right away). Yesterday I set the Feature Update setting to defer for 60 days. But 60...
  10. Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10: How to: Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 How to Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10 The Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features wont...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which is recommended defer windows updates or not

2. updates for windows 10ro

3. windows 10 1903 defer updates

4. defer feature updates in Windows 10 1903,
  5. how many days can i defer updates in windows 10 pro 1903