Windows 10: Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

Discus and support Can't delay Updates more than 1 month. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and last update I did, was on 17th February. Problem is; since that 17th February, I can't delay updates more than 24th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcoArik, Mar 18, 2021.

1. MarcoArik Win User

Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, and last update I did, was on 17th February.

Problem is; since that 17th February, I can't delay updates more than 24th March.
    This is barely a little more than 30 days. It should be at least 90 days, and I know that with Pro version you could be able to delay updates even for 1 year.

What is the problem?

:)

MarcoArik, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Windows 1 minute startup delay

Many weird problems can cause these delays. I've had such delays due to the following:
    1. Old DVD drive initialisation after a Windows update - removed the DVD since no longer needed.
    2. Presence of an active boot partition on an external USB drive - partition changed to inactive
    3. After updating Malwarebytes - reinstalled and was OK

The list is probably endless!

Steve C, Mar 18, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can't delay Updates more than 1 month. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

Postpone install of Windows 10 for 1 month?

I currently run Windows 7, and I reserved a copy of Windows 10. I got a prompt that it is ready to install yesterday, but when it asks what date to schedule the installation for; you can only choose within the next 3 days.

I've read online that there are a number of teething problems (as there always tend to be) - and I want to delay the installation for 4 weeks while any bugs are ironed out.

I use my laptop for programming work and it must be a stable environment; but I don't want to delete the install files/not do the upgrade. I do want to upgrade, but in a month's time.

Is it possible?

Not a duplicate: The other question deals with how to permanently get rid of the upgrade. I just want to delay it for a month. I've posted an answer which follows much different steps to the other question.

Danny Beckett, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't delay Updates more than 1 month.

1. Can't delay Updates more than 1 month. - Similar Threads - Can't delay Updates

2. Windows 22h2 update was delayed for months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 22h2 update was delayed for months: Ever since the update was released I clicked the check for updates button, but every update except the 22h2 update. Finally, I received the update on 10/28/22, four days before Halloween. So, Microsoft please tell me what caused the delay....
  3. More than 1 sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    More than 1 sign in: I have windows 10. I have had only one microsoft account that is an auto sign in and I don't remember what the old password was. Now I have a another account that I want to be separate from the first one. When signing in, there is the date and time page; then there is the...
  4. My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...

My laptop stuck in getting things better for more than 1 month for updating updating...: Some times showing downloading. Some times showing installing, Then showing getting things ready, This is continuing more than 1 month. I can not able to update version 1903,...
  5. Update annoying more than a month.

Update annoying more than a month.: Update annoying more than a month. Last time three days update continued if 100% arrived message appears. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x80244018. Really annoying update i can'nt use the computer....
  6. Technical question about updates for more than 1 month

Technical question about updates for more than 1 month: In order to save time and hassle I update my old laptop by downloading update packages from the catalog website on my PC and transferring the files on to its hard drive and running them. I have now got 2 months of updates to do which means: cumulative KB4456655 for September...
  7. Connect more than 1 pc with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect more than 1 pc with RDP: Connect more than 1 pc with RDP, I can connect just one. any people help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-more-than-1-pc-with-rdp/e3dcc8f5-a263-4d20-bef9-21d94eedf4ab
  8. Data Usage for more than a month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage for more than a month: Hi , How can I see my network data usage for more than a month under "Settings>>Netwok&Internet>>DataUsage" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-usage-for-more-than-a-month/20df901d-e853-4cd0-8658-aa47db60dd71
  9. scanning more than 1 document

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning more than 1 document: I have a PIXMA MG5520 Scanner and I'd like to know how to put 2 or more scanned documents in 1 file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-more-than-1-document/dc0d4ef8-f066-4eca-b052-c52b8c09d687
  10. Boot loop and more than 1 monitor

Boot loop and more than 1 monitor: hey guys i found my problem. i thought i was having a infinite boot loop. I'll give some background to the scenario. #1 Upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10Pro(64) #2 Installed fine, but borked all installed games on steam, couldnt load a single one. A laundry list of...