Windows 10: Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

Discus and support Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't seem to be able to delete a file off the desktop, everytime I've tried deleting it, it says "Could not find this item" I've already tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StingerXD2, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

I can't seem to be able to delete a file off the desktop, everytime I've tried deleting it, it says "Could not find this item" I've already tried the rmdir /q /s method, but it says "the directory name is invalid" Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop 304b3da3-5d6c-4c56-b6c6-8985ac9f1225?upload=true.png

:)

StingerXD2, Apr 7, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Apr 7, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop

1. Can't delete a certain folder off of desktop - Similar Threads - Can't delete certain

2. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  3. Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted folder from desktop. Can't recover it: When i uninstalled adobe acrobat some, folders from my desktop deleted themselves not in the recycle bin and when I try to acces them through quick acces it wont open and gives me this message: "C: \Users\anaci\Desktop\BIP PORTUGAL is unavailable. If the location is on this...
  4. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  5. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  6. I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop

I can't remove/delete certain icons in desktop: Hello. I'm talking about these 2 icons, and no matter what I do they just won't go away. They are not showing up here nor at desktop in explorer....
  7. Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop: Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to delete this folder. This folder is no longer needed so I'd like to delete it as part of my housekeeping....
  8. Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalled Windows and I can't delete a certain folder now: Reinstalled windows because of an issue, I only formatted My C drive. All the apps and data in D drive was left as it is I try to launch Adobe pdf (I installed it on D drive), but now it wont launch. checked my installed programs and it wasn't there. So i decided to delete...
  9. I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.

I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.: Hi, I bought this computer a few months ago and I installed it with Windows 10 Home Activated. Lately This week, when I download anything from the internet that contains a folder Like a .rar file I can't delete the folder, it says I need permissions from the administrator....
  10. I can't delete certain file on desktop

I can't delete certain file on desktop: Half year ago, my teacher sent me a compressed package file which is compressed in MAC system with her Apple Mac computer. When I unzipped it, I got this just in this figure. And no matter how hard to delete it, it didn't work. I thought maybe it would disappear when Windows...