Windows 10: Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder

Discus and support Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A strange file has shown up in my Downloads folder. The file has a VERY long name and shows as a pdf file. While it might not otherwise bother me, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobG0622, Jul 17, 2021.

1. BobG0622 Win User

Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder

A strange file has shown up in my Downloads folder. The file has a VERY long name and shows as a pdf file. While it might not otherwise bother me, it is having a strange impact on other files in that folder. Specifically, I have downloaded a .zip installation file which must be extracted before running via a setup file. When I try to extract, I get the following dialog:Then whenI click on OK and double click on the Setup file in the extracted zip, the setup just sits there but Task Manager shows it running.I tried the usual things to delete the strange file - Safe Boot, change file name to som

:)

BobG0622, Jul 17, 2021
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jul 17, 2021
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder

1. Can't delete a file from Downloads folder which appears to be impacting other files in folder - Similar Threads - Can't delete file

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  6. Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting

Tmp files appearing in folders and not deleting: I have checked Environment Variables. Both "TEMP" and "TMP" are set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.Any advice? Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files-appearing-in-folders-and-not-deleting/87e480be-1879-4f00-b1a6-1f43ab0db03c
  7. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  8. Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?

Is it safe to delete this file from the downloads folder?: I downloaded AOMEI software, and it appeared in my downloads folder as AOMEIBackupperStd.JxxaV. Its size is 124 MB.I double-clicked it and successfully installed the program. I see that there is an AOMEI folder now in my Program Files x86 with a size of 369 MB.Is it now safe...
  9. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder to...
  10. Can't delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete files/folders: I have extracted some emulation files into my internal G: drive, and I decided they aren't what I needed and tried to delete them. Most of the files deleted but I have 3 folders and several files that will not delete. I can't delete the files (which have no extension), nor...