Windows 10: Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle

Discus and support Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder I cannot delete, inside this folder are files named con.txt1 through con.txt8190 when I attempt to recycle it, it returns - Invalid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/john_the_idiot, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle

I have a folder I cannot delete, inside this folder are files named con.txt1 through con.txt8190 when I attempt to recycle it, it returns - Invalid file handle. How do I remove this from my files?

submitted by /u/john_the_idiot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/john_the_idiot, Aug 18, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle

the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle

1. Can't delete a folder Invalid file handle - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  3. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  4. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handle is invalid: Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message submitted by /u/Ritagra [link] [comments]...
  6. Unable to Delete invalid folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Delete invalid folder: Unable to delete a folder. [ATTACH] I have.. Attempted.... Delete the parent folder Change ownership of parent folder and pass to children rmdir folder del folder rmdir folder using volume path del folder using volume path del folder in "safe...
  7. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  8. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...
  9. the handle is invalid HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    the handle is invalid HELP!: Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message. What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen. Tried...
  10. Invalid file handle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid file handle.: I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't...