Windows 10: Can't delete a folder

Discus and support Can't delete a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i created a folder with a name like "folder..." And now i cant delete it. The error being "This is nolonger located in C:\Users\myname. Verify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tawandanyakudyara, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Can't delete a folder

So i created a folder with a name like "folder..." And now i cant delete it. The error being "This is nolonger located in C:\Users\myname. Verify the item's location and try again". I tried right clicking and going to properties then security tab but under security tab there is this error "The requested security information is either unavailable or cant be displayed".

:)

tawandanyakudyara, Mar 19, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete a folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete a folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 19, 2019
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Can't delete a folder

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete a folder

1. Can't delete a folder - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  3. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  4. Can't delete folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folders: I have a video downloading app that I use frequently. I download music videos from You Tube and group several intoa music video or extract the audio and put those together. On three occasions I created separate folders for differentgenre music, downloaded the clips in those...
  5. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a folder: I tried to delete this folder many times even with the safe mode I search task manager too for a task named nokia...but could not find [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-folder/79d144cc-6332-452d-a53c-1728d798e48c
  6. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: why there's a folder that I can't delete. every time i deleted it, that folder will appear again at the same place. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-folder/52743928-ff4b-4ff5-8ad1-0690bc3a1814
  7. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  8. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  9. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: I have a WD My Book for backup and I was testing it out so I backed everything up. Then I went to restore and selected Program Files and Programs (X86) to restore and sentthemt to my WD My Book Restore folder. It restored perfectly, but now I can't delete it. I tried...
  10. Can't delete folder

Can't delete folder: Hi, so I'm simply trying to delete a game folder from my computer but every time I try it says I need permission from "DESKTOP" something and I have no idea what its talking about. I've already set myself as owner of everything on the drive and given myself every permission I...