Windows 10: Can't delete a program

Discus and support Can't delete a program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In my Hidden Icons box is a program called ConnectWise Control, which was used to access my system. It is not listed in Settings - Programs, so I can't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 12thplanet, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Can't delete a program

In my Hidden Icons box is a program called ConnectWise Control, which was used to access my system. It is not listed in Settings - Programs, so I can't delete it from there. Does the fact that it appears in Hidden Icons ensure that it is, in fact, installed on my PC? If yes, how do I uninstall it please?

:)

12thplanet, Jun 18, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. NOPD Win User

Can't delete a program

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

Can't delete a program

1. Can't delete a program - Similar Threads - Can't delete program

2. Program with random symbols and I can't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program with random symbols and I can't delete: So I went to delete some programs that I don't use and i found a program with a bunch of random symbols. I tried to uninstall it but it responded with "catastrophic failure" and a bunch of question marks....
  3. can't download programs after deleting them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download programs after deleting them: i uninstall epic game and it wont reinstall again plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-programs-after-deleting-them/63320715-69be-49c9-86a0-f75299da015f
  4. Deleting a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a program: I downloaded an alternate browser, Citrio, and then tried to delete it, but it won't allow itself to be deleted using the normal method from Control Panel. Can someone send the command prompt code for removing this potential threat? Thank you. Larry...
  5. Can't Delete Program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Delete Program.: One day, Discord on my computer just stopped working. I tried to troubleshoot by following the instructions given to me. But it's still available under the /Local directory. Also trying to uninstall through the traditional route yields this message. What should I do?...
  6. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  7. Programs deleted

Programs deleted: This morning I logged in and found that many if not all my programs have been deleted. Or maybe they have been moved. So there are tiles showing my files but if they are EXCEL or Word they are not available. I do have some text files and they are okay. What happened and what...
  8. Deleted Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Program: Hi so last year i accidentally deleted the program and i didnt know if i still can recover this program without harming, lost or reseting my loptop,. can it still be recovered? since i knew i really messed my loptop[ATTACH]...
  9. Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.

Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.: [ATTACH] So that's what it looks like in the task manager, but I can't "go to the file location" and the fie "C:\Program" Files" Doesn't exist. I ran a full PC virus scan using the McAfee one that comes with the PC but that didn't work either. I wanted to know what it was...
  10. Can't delete Programs files and program files x86

Can't delete Programs files and program files x86: I am trying to change what disk i am using so i copied over the program files and program files x86 but i can't delete the old it just says file is still open but nothing else is open...