Windows 10: Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item"

Discus and support Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an error or somthing i don't know, there is an icon on my desktop and when i delete it a window pop ups and said "Item not found" like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NNQ Hieu, Mar 18, 2020.

1. NNQ Hieu Win User

Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item"

I have an error or somthing i don't know, there is an icon on my desktop and when i delete it a window pop ups and said "Item not found" like the picture below but the icon was still there, how can i delete this annoying icon

Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item" be584e56-560b-469c-893d-0525e2db1a00?upload=true.png

* Original title: Help me pls

:)

NNQ Hieu, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item" :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item"

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item"

1. Can't delete an icon on the Desktop- "Could not find this item" - Similar Threads - Can't delete icon

2. Trying to delete a file on my desktop, gives result "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete a file on my desktop, gives result "Could not find this item": Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\Owner\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try againthe file name is THE NATIONAL.ogg.mp3.wav.ogg, i realize the issue could be the ridiculous file name i gave it but trying to rename it soft locks the...
  3. Can't delete short cut "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete short cut "Could not find this item": I have a short cut on my desktop that I can't delete. I have uninstalled the program already and the other shortcuts of the same program was deleted fine. What should I do?...
  4. Can't delete short cut "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete short cut "Could not find this item": I have a short cut on my desktop that I can't delete. I have uninstalled the program already and the other shortcuts of the same program was deleted fine. What should I do?...
  5. Could not find this item

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not find this item: Hello,I've been having a problem for about a week, where I need to delete large quantities of pictures and documents from Windows 10. But every time I want to do this, I can the message: Item Not Found.Could not find this item. This is no longer located in path . Verify the...
  6. can't delete file windows 10 could not find this item

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file windows 10 could not find this item: I had a folder like this on my D Drive. I downloaded it and it had files inside that I could move out of it. I had to delete it by putting it in an archive and checked the option to delete the file afterward. Is there another way to do it? I 'm just curious. submitted by...
  7. “Could not find this item”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Could not find this item”: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sexysenju [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmwog9/could_not_find_this_item/
  8. Could not find this item while deleting a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not find this item while deleting a folder.: I know you may have heard some similar questions but I have a genuine concern. For the past month, I have had a folder which I just can't delete. I tried refreshing file explorer, used command prompt it says system cannot find the path specified though I directly copied the...
  9. Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete FOLDER "Could not find this item": Hi, I cannot delete a folder that despite showing, keeps saying Item not found "Could not find this item" whenever I try to delete it. [img] I have also tried this method using command prompt (Admin): [img] Please help... 151280
  10. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....