Windows 10: Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download.

Discus and support Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. A few years ago, I tried installing a game on my SSD, gave up because it was taking too slow, and now with a different install of Windows 10, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redconrecon, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download.

Hi.

A few years ago, I tried installing a game on my SSD, gave up because it was taking too slow, and now with a different install of Windows 10, but the same SSD, I can't simply delete the game folder, can't find it in the Windows Store, can't even try installing it on the same drive, and I can't use Command Prompt to delete it. I have tried messing with the permissions to get it to work.

This has been frustrating me for a while now and I would appreciate any help I could get.

submitted by /u/redconrecon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redconrecon, Nov 21, 2020
  2. A_S00 Win User

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Store - My Library is incomplete

Hi,

I understand that you are facing problem with Microsoft Store. I will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Note: Basic information on Apps

• UAC (User Account Control) must be enabled.
    • To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least
      1024 x 768.
    • To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least
      1366 x 768.
    • Make sure video card driver is updated.
    • Make sure that Date and Time in your device is correct and up-to date.

Lets try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Further you can also try the below step and check if it helps.

Step 3: Run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App

I would also suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Let us know if the above methods helps to fix the Store issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download.

Windows Store Not Downloading

Hi,

We suggest that you try to reset your Windows Store as a work around for this issue.

To reset Windows Store, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows +R

• Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download.

1. Can't delete an incomplete Windows Store download. - Similar Threads - Can't delete incomplete

2. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.: When I was recently downloading a music file from my browser, it stopped downloading like when it was about to be finished. I waited a while and it wouldnt finish at all. So I just tried to download it again and the same problem happened. So i went to delete the unfinished...
  3. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.: When I was recently downloading a music file from my browser, it stopped downloading like when it was about to be finished. I waited a while and it wouldnt finish at all. So I just tried to download it again and the same problem happened. So i went to delete the unfinished...
  4. Unable to delete a incomplete download from my downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incomplete Microsoft Store Downloads Takes Up Laptop Storage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Incomplete Microsoft Store Downloads Takes Up Laptop Storage: So I was installing a game on the Microsoft Store which takes up 50GB's of storage and randomly, the store says I need to clear up space which makes the download uncomplete, and while i've done that before, my storage has gone from 53.9 GB's of free space to only 25. This...
  6. Incomplete Microsoft Store Downloads Takes Up Laptop Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incomplete Microsoft Store Downloads Takes Up Laptop Storage: So I was installing a game on the Microsoft Store which takes up 50GB's of storage and randomly, the store says I need to clear up space which makes the download uncomplete, and while i've done that before, my storage has gone from 53.9 GB's of free space to only 25. This...
  7. Incomplete Microsoft Store Downloads Takes Up Laptop Storage

8. Possible incomplete download of .wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible incomplete download of .wim: The notebook is being reinstalled by pxe via network. The .wim file was downloaded to about 90% stage. Then the computer seemed to powered off possibly because the ac power was not connected Can Microsoft please improve by issuing a warning that ac power must be plugged in?...
  9. Can't Download anything to Windows Store

Can't Download anything to Windows Store: e.g. MS Photos App I click "Install" then the text appears "Starting Download" then "Acquiring License" then "Error" Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-anything-to-windows-store/3394f90b-9fc8-4072-93a8-ee49b6747c03
  10. Incomplete download of WIndows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incomplete download of WIndows Updates: Hi, I am facing a problem. Last night I attempted to download Windows updates but download progress have stuck at 99% for about 11 hours. Can anybody help me to solve the issue and install the updates? Thanks in advance....