Windows 10: cant delete anything on my external hdd

Discus and support cant delete anything on my external hdd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have an external HDD connected to my laptopwhich is running windows 10 educational edition and I can't delete files on my external HDD. This error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jurajanastasov, Jun 10, 2020.

1. cant delete anything on my external hdd

So I have an external HDD connected to my laptopwhich is running windows 10 educational edition and I can't delete files on my external HDD. This error comes up You need permission to perform this procedure
    Request permission from DESKTOP-1TBN17TJuraj to modify this folder. Its translated via google translate so it will probably sound a bit weird. My pc name is DESKTOP-1TBN17T and I am on user Juraj but I still can't delete anything. Thanks for any help

:)

jurajanastasov, Jun 10, 2020

2. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Deleting windows.old and WINDOWS.TEMP from external HDD

Windows.old can be difficult to remove. Here is a simple way to get rid of it:

• Copy the files you wish to keep to a different disk, e.g. a flash disk.
    • Format the external disk.
    • Restore the files you copied in Step 1.

Frederik Long, Jun 10, 2020
  4. dermy Win User

cant delete anything on my external hdd

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

cant delete anything on my external hdd

1. cant delete anything on my external hdd - Similar Threads - cant delete anything

2. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  3. My external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My external HDD: My external HDD is no longer listed on my files menu. It used to be fully accessible under the "F Drive". But now I can't gain access to any of my files that are on it. It doesn't show up under drives anymore, instead, it's under devices and printers. Is it possible I loaded...
  4. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  5. External HDD unable to read or write anything on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD unable to read or write anything on it: I've recently bought a 2TB Toshiba Hard drive and i am unable to use it.Every time i try to save anything to it or open anything on it, my whole PC becomes unresponsive. Even if it is just plugged in it stop me from using programs on my PC until i unplug it again and...
  6. Want to delete files on external HDD, but can't.

in Windows 10 Support
    Want to delete files on external HDD, but can't.: Windows Version: 20H2 Build 19042.985 I have an external HDD that is a leftover from a previous laptop and I'm using it for backup. I deleted what I could from it, but it still has some files left that I can't delete. When I try, I get a message telling me I need...
  7. deleting file history on external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting file history on external HDD: Hi there I have backed up all my photos, videos and important documents to an external HDD can I delete the file history on the external HDD without losing everything that I have backed up on there. Many thanks scared to delete...
  8. My Passport external HDD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Passport external HDD.: Good morning all Iuse the above to store all my photos. Occasionally when I plug it in so I can perhaps post a photo to Facebook for example it shows up as if I,d clicked on the drive to use it when I hadn,t .Then sometimes it will not show in file explore and then I...
  9. Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Bad folder on external HDD with Bitlocker ??: Hello ! I have an external hard drive that use as backup and is locked with Bitlocker and everything is fine for that. But in this disk I have a folder named: "DVD, CD, ISO..." which is a folder of Favorites. Can not delete or rename it, Windows uses the 3 points as extention...
  10. I cant install or delete anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant install or delete anything.: Hi guys, Im having huge problem after I updated win7 to win10. I cant install anything or delete anything from my computer. Can anyone tell me what to do now? https://i.imgur.com/KHE9F8g.png https://i.imgur.com/1xDDMcK.png https://i.imgur.com/oWz62rb.png I get all...