Windows 10: Can't delete bad mouse driver

Discus and support Can't delete bad mouse driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep deleting the outdated driver, but every time I restart or the PC goes to sleep it gets reinstalled. Apparently, this is an intentional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by manekeniko, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Can't delete bad mouse driver

I keep deleting the outdated driver, but every time I restart or the PC goes to sleep it gets reinstalled. Apparently, this is an intentional "convenience" that had me redoing the delete in various ways about 30x.

The extra driver makes the PC almost unusable, causing the pointer to drag itself down the screen. I can't control it or click on anything, and nearly had a fit this a.m. trying to get rid of the extra driver.

The internet tells me I have to dig the bad software out deeply from the C: drive to actually get rid of the bad driver. I'm not comfortable doing this as I'm a Mac user.

MS, this is crap and I've wasted many hours trying to fix the problem. Do I have to farm out the fix to a third party company and pay extra to make my PC functional?

:)

manekeniko, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 8, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Can't delete bad mouse driver

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete bad mouse driver

1. Can't delete bad mouse driver - Similar Threads - Can't delete bad

2. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Delete Account with Bad Password: I have a laptop with a username that I can't resolve a password issue. When I boot the laptop, I get to the login screen with the user and a message that the password that Windows found didn't match. In the lower left corner of the page, there are 2 users listed. Both are...
  3. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete Account with Bad Password: I have a laptop with a username that I can't resolve a password issue. When I boot the laptop, I get to the login screen with the user and a message that the password that Windows found didn't match. In the lower left corner of the page, there are 2 users listed. Both are...
  4. Can't Delete Account with Bad Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Possible bad drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible bad drivers: Hey guys, I've been getting quite alot of bluescreens for a while now since I built this computer in January this year. I've been doing alot of troubleshooting using Memtest and Intel Diagnostic tool for CPU. I found a thread...
  6. I deleted a driver and now I can't use my keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted a driver and now I can't use my keyboard or mouse: I uninstalled the "Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" and now I basically can't use my computer because the keyboard and mouse won't work. Is there any way to fix this? SOLVED! submitted by /u/_Subscript_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?

Windows Update deletes old driver and replaces with bad one?: Hello, recently my computer got the latest Windows 10 update, it was a feature update. I updated it (keep in mind before I updated it, it worked fine. Screen wasn't lagging and games ran fine) After it finished updating, I restarted the computer. The screen is laggy, and...
  8. Bad Drivers

Bad Drivers: When I install the RivetNetworks LLC stuff, which is my Killer NIC from windows update it makes my computer really sluggish and when I do a speed test it makes my speeds really slow. When I reinstalled windows and done a speed test with out these drivers installed as was well...
  9. Bad Nvidia Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Bad Nvidia Driver: Even with Pro and driver installs disabled, still learning about that, let Win 10 install driver. Got notified of a new driver from Nvidia. Would not install because it could not find my video card. Finally got it back with an old driver still on the machine. Too late to...
  10. Really Bad Mouse Lag

Really Bad Mouse Lag: Hi folks, I've been having a lot of trouble with my mouse lagging. Just moving it across the screen will sometimes cause it to lag. I wouldn't say that there is anything specific causing it sense it happens when I'm browsing the web, managing files on my desktop, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete mouse driver