Windows 10: Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com

Discus and support Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever so often I check Outlook.com to see if it has improved. Well I found it hasn't. I created an account and it automatically set it as imap and I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JamesJoey, Mar 14, 2017.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com

Ever so often I check Outlook.com to see if it has improved.

Well I found it hasn't.
    I created an account and it automatically set it as imap and I wanted it pop3.

Now I can't delete the account to try again.
    Tells me there was a problem and if the continues contract support.

I'm using Edge and I cleaned browser history and rebooted.
    Btw, this happens on my pc and my tablet and internet explorer.

Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com [​IMG]

I haven't made any changes to my system.
    James

:)

JamesJoey, Mar 14, 2017

2. remove old email account from Windows 8 phone

I have a similar question, so here goes:

My brother has a window phone nokia 640 LTE, and he can't connect to outlook.com to get voice to text working ( cortana, etc.) .

He has one account called microsoft account, and another one outlook.com

I tried to help hi m delete the one that his friend initially set up for him, but it wont show' delete', and its the 'gmail' account, and we should be using outlook right , since this is microsoft or does it matter ?

I dont like gmail and neither does he, as we both feel its inefficient and cumbersome.

How do we delete the gmail one, so we can use outlook ?

When he tries to connect to the outlook.com account , it always shows the 'gmail 'account in the prefillled in email addresss field, which is a black field with white text.

He can't connnect to it whether he is on the phone ( won't anyway) or offline.

ty

leebojammin, Mar 14, 2017
  3. mpw444 Win User
    Email sync issues - from WP8 phone to outlook.com

I have an outlook.com account set up on my Nokia Lumia 920 WP8 phone (created as Microsoft account email when setting up accounts/email). When I use outlook.com from a Mac and view or delete an email this is mirrored on the phone. When I do the same on
    the phone (read an email; delete an email) it is not mirrored on outlook.com. For the life of me I can't work it out. What needs to be done to get sync properly working?

mpw444, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com

Hi James.

If you want to delete your Outlook.com account I believe they call it closing. Not sure this is what you want to do as it sounds like you may have added another account to you outlook.com account that you want to be POP3.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

I am unaware of how to set up an Outlook.com as POP but under options => accounts => pop3 you can access your Outlook.com account through as a "Pop" client. They give you settings for your client when you allow POP access.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 15, 2017
  5. jmp909 Win User
    yes he means a separate IMAP/POP account that can be added under "Connected accounts"... I can't seem to delete mine either, and there are numerous other users reporting this problem

If i delete it and hit "save", it just comes back

jmp909, Mar 4, 2018
  6. Hi jmp909. Welcome to the TenForums @jmp909

While this should not matter might I suggest you try another browser and please ensure you are not using the Outlook.com beta.

I read some of those articles and in those descriptions people were getting errors when trying to remove, the option to remove is greyed out.

When you select remove are you getting an error? Please ensure you are not in the Beta version.

Caledon Ken, Mar 4, 2018
  7. jmp909 Win User
    Hi Ken,

I've tried Chrome & Edge in both Beta mode and normal mode

in Beta mode the entries disappear from the list but reappear when I hit save
    in Normal mode the entries don't even disappear

there are no errors and nothing in the console, and no failed network requests

thanks
    J

PS just tried it in Firefox as well which I've never used for Outlook.com so nothing should be cached... doesn't work either

jmp909, Mar 5, 2018
  8. Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com

Wow. This account you are trying to delete, is it a Microsoft Account you use to sign into machine?

If it is not your MS account have your tried signing into the account, the one you are trying to delete, changing the password and then try deleting account. The risk here is that this account will reappear, in outlook.com, and will not let you enter the correct password.

Maybe another member will have a much better idea. Lets see what gets suggested over next day.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com

1. Can't Delete Connected Account in Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Connected

2. How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete MS account for a deleted Outlook email?: Hi, I have used a MS account on my laptop, and now everytime I turn it on it shows that I need to go to Settings because a work or school account has a problem. It turns out that this may be because the account is registered with an Outlook email which was the official email...
  3. Can't get into outlook account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't get into outlook account: Am organizer for my microsoft family account but my email as organizer is outlook which I never use. I have always used my gmail. Now I cannot remember the password and cannot get into the outlook to make changes to the account for my child and it keeps telling me I am not...
  4. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  5. Outlook,com settings out of date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook,com settings out of date: Why is this still happening more than five years after the first identification of the problem. My personal view is that Windows 10 is a disaster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlookcom-settings-out-of-date/7a00d06d-59d9-431a-b508-24f7730c1de3
  6. Delete my Outlook account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete my Outlook account?: I put my pin in to stop my account from being out of date. Should I just delete my Outlook? I use a different type of mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-my-outlook-account/9a0971c4-f8ed-4efc-a988-43e37b13303c
  7. deleting outlook mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting outlook mail account: how do I permanently delete my outlook mail account using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-outlook-mail-account/06bcc1ab-a169-45db-a243-e582485f25ea
  8. There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is no Skype COM Addin for Outlook 2019: Hello, I just purchased a stand alone Outlook 2019 from the Microsoft store primarily for Skype meeting invites but I have no access to Skype through out look at all. I have tried to enable the Skype Meeting Add-in following the steps here:...
  9. delete outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete outlook account: Hello on 03/31/19 I tried permanently deleteing my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** however I received calls from friends that said the email is still active . I tried logging in to retry the account delete however it was giving me password issues. this...
  10. Cannot connect to Outlook account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot connect to Outlook account.: I have Windows 10 and office 365. I am trying to add my newly created outlook email account to outlook. It asks for my password for my outlook.com email address. I use the same one I use for my microsoft account. Nothing happens and it keeps returning to a blank password box...