Windows 10: Can't delete corrupted and unreadable files from the Steam app cache. Error 0x80070570

Discus and support Can't delete corrupted and unreadable files from the Steam app cache. Error 0x80070570 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Happened since today that my Steam app refused to open. Checking in Task Manager showed that the app is open and running, but trying to end the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tudormese, May 20, 2020.

1. tudormese Win User

Can't delete corrupted and unreadable files from the Steam app cache. Error 0x80070570

Happened since today that my Steam app refused to open. Checking in Task Manager showed that the app is open and running, but trying to end the process wouldn't work. Trying to open the app again didn't do anything. I tried restarting my PC but the same problem persists. I tried to look up on Steam Support if something could help. I tried removing the cache folder first. When I selected "Delete", A prompt showed up saying it's deleting the files. But after it finished I still see the folder there. I tried removing it again but now nothing will happen. There are no more prompts showing and the files are still there. Next I decided to uninstall the app, but after I've done it, the cache folder still remained there along with a couple other folders that I can't remove either. When I go into the folders and try to delete the specific files, the prompt with the error 0x80070570 shows up. Trying to open other folders would give me a different prompt: "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" but this time no error code. I tried restarting Windows Explorer and restarting my PC a couple times but it's the same problem. Next I tried reinstalling Steam in the same directory but it wouldn't let me because it has to be an empty directory. So I renamed the folder with the corrupted files to something else. From there on, Steam works normally now. But I still have those corrupted files stuck on my hard disk and I don't know how to get rid of them.

:)

tudormese, May 20, 2020
  2. fakecodA Win User

Corrupted/ Unreadable file(s) halp pls

Hallo,
    I've been having issues trying to delete a file in my Steam folder and it keeps saying: "An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I've tried deleting it from cmd in a lot of different ways, it keeps saying "access is denied" in cmd + whenever I go to properties and open the security tab it shows a red X and smth like this:

Screenshot

Thanks in advance
    codA

fakecodA, May 20, 2020
  3. Error code 0x80070570

Hi,

To better assist you. kindly clarify the following:

• Are you getting this exact message "Error 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" when you tried to open the 3rd file?
    • Did the icon or picture of the file change to unreadable?
    • Have you tried to delete the copied file and copy again from the original source?
    • Are you still able to play the 3rd video on the video camera?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, May 20, 2020
  4. Vitalin Win User

Can't delete corrupted and unreadable files from the Steam app cache. Error 0x80070570

Error 0x80070570 !!!!!

Hi friends,
    Uninstalled Firefox last night, the uninstall process left some files on my drive under FIREFOX folder.
    The folder has 2 sub folder named (cache2 & webapps)
    somehow i can't removed this folders from my drive.
    got 0x80070570 error!

An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder... Error 0x80070570 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

please note:

1. I can move (cut & paste) the folder to same partition, moving it to other partition same error result.
    2. CMD with admin -> same.
    3. Tried to del. the files using Mini Win7 on HirenBootCD .. nop!

Any help guys?

Vitalin, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't delete corrupted and unreadable files from the Steam app cache. Error 0x80070570 - Similar Threads - Can't delete corrupted

2. Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable while deleting something. I have only C: drive which has windows in it....
  3. Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable: I am getting Error 0x80070570 File or Directory Is Corrupted and Unreadable while deleting something. I have only C: drive which has windows in it....
  4. Can't delete a file Error code 0x80070570 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file Error code 0x80070570 on Windows 11: Hi,I can't seem to delete a file with Error code 0x80070570. How to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-error-code-0x80070570-on/9be5e186-ee17-43da-8ef7-d29d66bc3be0
  5. Can't delete a file Error code 0x80070570 on Windows 11

Can't delete a file Error code 0x80070570 on Windows 11: Hi,I can't seem to delete a file with Error code 0x80070570. How to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-error-code-0x80070570-on/9be5e186-ee17-43da-8ef7-d29d66bc3be0
  6. I can't delete a file and it comes up with error 0x80070570

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a file and it comes up with error 0x80070570: My Genshin Impact game couldn't unzip because of this file. I read the logs and it says that this file was corrupted and was causing the problem. I attempted to reinstall the game, however this file just wouldn't delete. It says the file is corrupted and unreadable. I've...
  7. I can't delete a file and it comes up with error 0x80070570

I can't delete a file and it comes up with error 0x80070570: My Genshin Impact game couldn't unzip because of this file. I read the logs and it says that this file was corrupted and was causing the problem. I attempted to reinstall the game, however this file just wouldn't delete. It says the file is corrupted and unreadable. I've...
  8. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  9. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  10. Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant delete as "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable": Hi Have a folder with some subfolders that just wont delete. Can move and rename. Cannot cut and paste to another drive. I have tried the following which results in the same, just doesnt delete. Takeownership Grant me admin CMD Prompt running with admin del...
Tags: