Windows 10: Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

Discus and support Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SophieLeio, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?

:)

SophieLeio, Oct 8, 2021
  2. nuva Win User

Snippet C#: INI Files

This code is great, i'm going to use this in one of my programmes *Big Grin Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive :D

is it possible to make a list of all sections in the ini files?

nuva, Oct 8, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

Snippet C#: INI Files

GetSections() will return a string[] of section names. If you want the values too, just do a for or for loop to enumerate them. For example:

Code: foreach (string section in ini.GetSections()) { Console.WriteLine("[" + section + "]"); foreach (string key in ini[section].GetKeys()) Console.WriteLine(key + "=" + ini[section][key]); Console.WriteLine(); }[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

1. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive - Similar Threads - Can't delete desktop

2. Google Drive delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Drive delete: How do I delete the unasked for and unwanted Google Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-delete/93ec3044-5575-4cc3-9e6e-997bdba2bc45
  3. Google Drive delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Drive delete: How do I delete the unasked for and unwanted Google Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-drive-delete/93ec3044-5575-4cc3-9e6e-997bdba2bc45
  4. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  5. Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete desktop.ini file in backup google drive: I'm trying to delete a backup of an old laptop in Google drive and there are several files names 'desktop' that I can't delete. It pops up with the message 'Could not find this item' every time. How can I these these?...
  6. Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History files can't be deleted from USB drive: My new 256 GB Sandisk Ultra 3.0 USB thumb drive originally showed up in Disk Manager with a main partition of around 248 GB and a system partition of around 200 MB. I briefly used it in my Win10PC as a backup drive (Back up using File History). I later went back in and...
  7. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  8. Can't delete files on desktop

Can't delete files on desktop: Hi I've had this problem for a while now...I can't delete or move items on my desktop unless I restart my PC. Please don't post links on how to set permissions, I've tried that MANY times. It does say I don't have permission but I'm the ONLY user and it works fine after...
  9. Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Delete a Backup of a Google Drive Folder: Hi, the attached screenshot should explain what's happening. Essentially, I made a backup of my folders last year, and the only folder that won't delete from that backup is a Google Drive folder. I don't have Google Drive installed on my PC anymore and I tried deleting it in...
  10. Can't delete file on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete file on Desktop: There is a rar file on my desktop which I can not delete. It was from a wallpaper pack I was downloading from MEGA but I had cancelled it before it finished. Now it is on my desktop and no matter what I do it won't be deleted. I am not able to press delete as it says it needs...