Windows 10: Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

Discus and support Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FeHeh, May 17, 2022.

1. FeHeh Win User

Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for much longer. I'm not logged into the account on this computer, I can't find my Microsoft Account anywhere on the computer anymore.When I log onto my Microsoft Account and go to the specific device under devices it says "Remove this device - Unlink from your account". So I check the box and press remove and it says that it's

:)

FeHeh, May 17, 2022
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 17, 2022
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device" :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device" - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Device

2. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  3. Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Delete Device from my Microsoft Account - "Couldn't remove your device": Hi, I'm not able to remove a device from my Microsoft Account. I'd like to remove it cause it isn't my computer, just one I've been using temporary and somehow it got linked. Probably cause I used Microsoft Store once. I currently have access to the computer but I won't for...
  4. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!: Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't mine it's strange and I don't have it, don't know which windows system installed on it, I have no idea how it's added to my...
  5. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!: Hello, Please help me I can't remove a device from Microsoft account, followed the right steps but doesn't work ?The computer I want to remove isn't mine it's strange and I don't have it, don't know which windows system installed on it, I have no idea how it's added to my...
  6. Can't remove device on Microsoft account !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't delete a device from microsoft account.

Can't delete a device from microsoft account.: When I try to delete an unused computer from my Microsoft account, I logon to my account, select the device, and then select "more actions"; but there is no option to delete or remove. The only option that comes up is "Get support". When posting the above, the drop-down...
  8. Delete device from Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete device from Microsoft account: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-device-from-microsoft-account/c228992b-a9fc-4503-8a7b-27fa762c01f0"
  9. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

Deleting a device from my Microsoft account: How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/bb932813-f1b9-46f6-8dfc-fcf26073f86a
  10. removing a device from my Microsoft account

removing a device from my Microsoft account: How do I remove a device from my devices in my Microsoft account ? I no longer have a windows Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/b01681e7-1a24-456f-8441-b20b0802cf1d