Windows 10: Can't delete discontinued work email account.

Discus and support Can't delete discontinued work email account. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is an ongoing issue that I can't resolve and is very annoying. I changed jobs last month. The prior job email I had added to my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarlKrasnowsky, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Can't delete discontinued work email account.

This is an ongoing issue that I can't resolve and is very annoying.

I changed jobs last month. The prior job email I had added to my Microsoft account group.

This email address was shut off (rightfully so) so now when my system starts up I get a message that tells me I need to "fix" this problem.

I can't find any path the delete/manage an account that is no longer valid. Since I can't log in (it's no longer valid!) the management system simply won't provide a method for just deleting it (it would appear) without my ability to access it.

Again, very annoying. Please advice.

Karl

:)

KarlKrasnowsky, Apr 3, 2019

2. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Apr 3, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Can't delete discontinued work email account.

How do I delete my account?

vBulletin needs some simple function, just like "register", called "deregister". What does it do? Turns off the account. Can no longer post. Other users see the person has left and don't expect answers. (Status: deregistered). All messaging is stopped. Email and password is deleted from database. However, POSTS remain, as does the username in the user database. The username cannot be reused.

This can be functionally replicated with what w1z suggested earlier in the thread, ie. fill in the email with nonsense and manually delete anything you want removed. However, it is more elegant to have a deregister function, just as you have unsubscribe to mailing lists, just as you deregister with the various authorities when you move house etc. etc.

However, users should bang on at the forum software developers to implement this, not the forum admins themselves, who bought the software with fixed functionality.

In fact, there is an add-on for vbulletin End-User Options - Self Delete: Allow users to self-delete their account - vBulletin.org Forum

lemonadesoda, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete discontinued work email account.

1. Can't delete discontinued work email account. - Similar Threads - Can't delete discontinued

2. email service discontinued

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email service discontinued: I am using my email address as a live id that I sign in to Windows with, but the email service is being discontinued by the provider. What should I do? Is it possible to change the email address of the live id, or do I need to delete the live id and use a new one with a new...
  3. Can't delete an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete an email: I have a couple of emails in my deleted folder which I would like to delete, but it won't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-an-email/0f371119-77d2-49c1-b59e-3c560a1ef60d
  4. Deleting an old work email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an old work email account: How do I delete an old work email account that I do not have access to and Microsoft does not recognize when trying to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-old-work-email-account/c3327d24-f0a5-4011-ad3c-4010051f6c08
  5. Can't delete old work email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete old work email account: I had my work email set up on my computer but I changed jobs and that email account is now closed. Windows keeps giving me a notification that "something's wrong with your email" prompting me to look into it/update it but when I click "manage" account, it just brings up the...
  6. Deleting a "work or school" email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...
  7. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  8. Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting work email account under Settings > Email & Accounts: Under Settings > Email & Accounts there is a section called Accounts used by other apps. There are two email addresses under there. One is my person address which is ok. The other is my work email address which I would like to remove. I click the work email address. Then...
  9. delete an email account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    delete an email account?: How do I delete an email account? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-an-email-account/066061a4-6bb0-4912-ba12-506301b3e586"
  10. Deleted email account

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted email account: hiya folks new here but hope i can get some help regarding a deleted email account . i have been using windows live mail to access my ntl emails, for the last few days i couldn't access them, long story short i have now deleted my account by mistake, i added another...