Windows 10: Cant delete discord file from local app data

Discus and support Cant delete discord file from local app data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There would be a pop up that says the action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I am unable to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LavenCheong, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Cant delete discord file from local app data

There would be a pop up that says the action cannot be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I am unable to open the discord app, even when I tried reinstalling it. Please help.

:)

LavenCheong, Sep 19, 2020
  2. 1808TM Win User

delete app data local files windows 10

Your solution didn't work I found an answer to my problem. Click into the internet explorer file on toolbar. Double click OS ( C ) located on the List Left Side of Page. Double click Users on list created then you can click files eg. App. Data, Temp.,
    etc. Click View top right on page then click box to show Hidden files top center of page. The files in question can now be deleted.

1808TM, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Can't Unistall the Discord App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some programs can be uninstalled with their own built in uninstallers and Windows Add/remove programs feature as well. Both uninstallers can uninstall the main executable files of the program, but do not remove the other components (files and
    data) of the application.

Click on Start button (Windows logo) and, look for the application folder name in the list of apps.

Expand it and follow its uninstaller to remove the program.

You can also go to the folder where the application is installed and run the uninstaller.

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\local\Discord\uninstall.

If it does not work, follow the instructions in the link below to remove the app.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

To delete the application data, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type %AppData% and hit the enter key.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Open the Run dialog box again and type %LocalAppData%.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Cant delete discord file from local app data

I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

Cant delete discord file from local app data [​IMG]

I feel like I've tried everything to uninstall Discord, but it just won't leave my "Apps& features" list. (Shown on the first picture) I'm using Windows 10 and I've deleted every folder using the "Run" method, (regedit) going
    into my Local data apps and such, and Discord is still there. I've also tried downloading a program (https://support.microsoft.)
    from Microsoft that help with repairing issues (including corrupted registry keys) then it asks to pick a program from the list and Discord does not appear, then it asks for a Product Key, which I do not have.

I've contacted the Discord support team about this issue, and they suggested at first, to reinstall the app and from there try to uninstall it. But it displays and error (Shown on the second picture).

Afterwards, Discord support suggested to check out the following link: https://www.auslogics.com/en/

I tried Method 5, at this point I give up, I need assistance please. I'd be willing to have remote assistance.

Cant delete discord file from local app data [​IMG]

XerophAnima, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete discord file from local app data

1. Cant delete discord file from local app data - Similar Threads - Cant delete discord

2. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...: So I found this in the Local App Data folder. I found an file that says ".__explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete__" and has an file extension of the same name and when I open it up with my text editor, it says the same name of this file. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  3. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...: So I found this in the Local App Data folder. I found an file that says ".__explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete__" and has an file extension of the same name and when I open it up with my text editor, it says the same name of this file. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  4. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  6. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App data deletion: I accidently deleted my appdata folder. Some file were removed. Some apps gives few problems but after some time it automatically fixed. I just want to know that my pcs safe i didn't delete any imp window file?I even run window file checkup after that. That sfc /scannow thing...
  7. App data deletion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Removal of Software left over files from programme data and app local data and where ever it is

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of Software left over files from programme data and app local data and where ever it is: Hello Sir, Thanks a lot for helping me for the quickest reply . Sir I see my C drive is almost full I have uninstalled lot of software from uninstall problem. However I see some files in programme data or in applocal data. Can you please tell me how to remove all the left...
  9. reinstall local data files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall local data files: How do I reinstall local data files on windows operating system 10? I keep getting this error when I am trying to refresh my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-local-data-files/85d0bd37-94cb-472c-bcb2-773b7120c339
  10. Cant delete local disk created by file vault on bitdefender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant delete local disk created by file vault on bitdefender: Hi I wanted to try out the file vault system on bitdefender. It created a local disk on my computer and i want to get rid of the local disk but when i delete it through bitdefender it doesn't delete the disk. I've tried computer management but the drive doesn't even exist....