Windows 10: Cant Delete event log file

Discus and support Cant Delete event log file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I've been trying to delete appsanywhere so that I can reinstall it however it won't give me the option to reinstall. I think that this is because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenBooth1, Mar 6, 2019.

1. BenBooth1 Win User

Cant Delete event log file

Hi

I've been trying to delete appsanywhere so that I can reinstall it however it won't give me the option to reinstall. I think that this is because there are still two files from the software on my PC. These files are

"AppsAnywhereExternalUpdater.evtx"

"S2AppsAnywhere.evtx"

I've tried deleting them but it says "The action can't be completed because the file is open in windows event log"

So I deleted all of my event log files and it still says that its open in the event log even though there is nothing in my event log viewer. The only reason I know that its still on my PC is because I'm running a search everything app.

Please tell me how to delete these files because everything I've tried hasn't worked Cant Delete event log file :(

(Also I don't know too much about event log files and stuff so please be super obvious in your response)

Thank you

:)

BenBooth1, Mar 6, 2019
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Mar 6, 2019
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Mar 6, 2019
  4. happy Win User

I Think CCleaner Deleted My AsusSetup Log File

Recuva couldn't recover the deleted log file *Frown Cant Delete event log file :(

happy, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Cant Delete event log file - Similar Threads - Cant Delete event

2. Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10: I had a requirement to delete a particular event record from the Windows application event log programatically with C++. But I did not find any option other than ClearLog, which is used to clear the entire event log. I have to clear a record with a specific source name.Can...
  3. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  4. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  7. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  8. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Deleting All Event Logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting All Event Logs: I know that the event logs are stored here: C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs Can you just delete the logs that are present in this folder? Or do you have to do it another way so Windows 10 doesn't error out? 164124
  10. Event 4624 log deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event 4624 log deleted: Event 4624 logs are written to Security logs at windows 10, why are these deleted from Security logs in tens of seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-4624-log-deleted/9e0eb385-debf-468e-a638-d14cf723afff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows event log cant delete

2. windows cant delete because file event log

3. a text file log that cant be deleted