Windows 10: Cant delete file with russian file name

Discus and support Cant delete file with russian file name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CollinBadeaux, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Cant delete file with russian file name

i was recentley modding a video game and i downloaded a file with this name Анвил.7z i cant move it delete it or rename it any help

:)

CollinBadeaux, Nov 23, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, Nov 23, 2018
  4. NinjaNife Win User

Cant delete file with russian file name

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Cant delete file with russian file name

1. Cant delete file with russian file name - Similar Threads - Cant delete file

2. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  3. I cant delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete a file: I recorded a video that's 100GB in size and every time I right click it and press delete nothing happens for a couple seconds then my windows explorer crashes.I've tried force deleting it and using cmd prompt to delete it and nothing works. i just tried file assasin and tried...
  4. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  5. I cant delete this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant delete this file: When I want to delete this file, I select it and right-click but it dont show the "Delete". I also tried use Command Prompt, write: del F: \sources\install.esd but it said: Access is denied. How can I delete this files ?...
  6. Delete files with [TOO] long file names .......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete files with [TOO] long file names .......: The only post I could find was one from this forum from AUGUST 23, 2017 WINDOWS 7/64, but not Windows 10. That dealt with my problem: DELETING FILES WITH NAMES TOO LONG.The instructions said to: Hi, Windows uses a naming convention called Long Filenames LFN. The LFN system...
  7. Deleting file with long file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting file with long file name: I have a file, not a folder, on my desktop that exceeds the 256 limit and I have tried everything on line that I can see to delete it but I am unable to do wo. I cannot move it to a folder, I cannot cut and paste it to the recycle bin, I cannot rename it, I cannot Zip it,...
  8. Russian file names in downloaded files

Russian file names in downloaded files: Hi, I'm having a problem with downloaded files with names in Russian, looks like downloaded files do not support Russian language example of downloaded file name ÂÊ ÊÒ-2 è ÀÏ. It's same fore Edge and Chrome Device Surface Pro 7[ATTACH] example of what file name meant to be...
  9. Change or Delete File Name

Change or Delete File Name: Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-delete-file-name/fdf1e777-137d-484d-9093-68108b40e553"
  10. Cant delete certian files

Cant delete certian files: hey I am currently trying to delete a antivirus that I don't want but when I click the delete button after right clicking there is a error that reads "you need permission from an administrator" or "you need permission from the system". I am a administrator on my system but...