Windows 10: Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions

Discus and support Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've got this weird problem where I try to delete these files and it says I can't delete them without admin privileges. My account is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Virtual-Aioli, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions

So I've got this weird problem where I try to delete these files and it says I can't delete them without admin privileges. My account is the administrator. So I went to Properties, Security, Advanced to try to change the permissions, but it won't let me change permissions. It says I need Read permissions to see the file's details. I can actually open these files just fine (they are .png files). But I'm stuck with them and need them gone. What can I do?

submitted by /u/Virtual-Aioli
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Virtual-Aioli, Jul 7, 2020

2. Can't delete a file on Windows 10, says I need permission from administrator but I am administrator

Hi,

I have a bit of a problem in Windows 10. I have a file from Cyberlink PowerDirector 14 that I want to delete but it says that I need permission from the administrator but I am. I also wanted to change the permissions in Properties and than the Security tab
    but it told me I can't because I am not an administrator. Help?

Specs of computer:

• Latest version of Windows 10 Home (not insider)
    • Acer Aspire 5
    • Windows defender Protected Folder (Ransomware protection) on
    • Installation less then 14 days old

Help please?

** Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I have no idea where to put it**

PeterStrouhal Jr., Jul 7, 2020
  3. Can't Delete Corrupted File - All Permissions Removed

So I have a file in my downloads that somehow got corrupted and all the permission information on the file is gone. I can't delete as it says I need permission to delete it. When I try to forcefully delete it through cmd as administrator, I get "Access denied". I've tried using an unlocker tool as well as taking ownership of the file but everything has failed.

Any other suggestions?

Danielzxzx, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions

Can't do administrator things even though I am the administrator

Can't do administrator things even though I am the administrator. I tried to change a file but was told I couldn't save it as I needed to be the administrator. But I am the administrator.

I am running windows 10.

When I look at "your info" under "Accounts", it says my name then "Local Account" and "Administrator"

Is there something else I need to do?

Thank You

Brian

BrianNealOW, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions

1. Can't delete files even though I am the administrator, and can't change file permissions - Similar Threads - Can't delete files

2. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...: In Reply to davidhomerVZ: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-or-folder-permissions-are-greyed-out-even/655b059e-3a28-46dc-a73b-eef17def8123
  3. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...: In Reply to davidhomerVZ: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-or-folder-permissions-are-greyed-out-even/655b059e-3a28-46dc-a73b-eef17def8123
  4. File or Folder Permissions are greyed out even though I am logged into Administrator on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  6. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  7. Can't write on Program Files even though I am the Administrator

Can't write on Program Files even though I am the Administrator: Okay. First of all, I know that Windows changed it that way. I've read the answers tothis thread and tried them already and the options were greyed out on both occasions. I am asking this because I've installed an old game to that directory and it keeps crashing. I'm guessing...
  8. I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin: I like to download/install files and .exe files to mod games. I'm safe with what and where I download files and from whom I download them. However, *for some files*, whenever I want to delete or move a file, I get a message saying I don't have permission and I need admin...
  9. Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...

Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...: I've been having lots of problems with Windows Update in the past month or so. I haven't been able to update my system. Eventually I found this thread, and component corruption seems like a fairly plausible cause for the errors I keep getting (0x8e5e03fa). Problem is, the...
  10. Can't delete a file even though I own it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....