Windows 10: Can't delete files even with admin

Discus and support Can't delete files even with admin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i try to delete a folder i am not allowed to. When i try to change the permissions it says "You do not have permission to view or edit this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BonnieToGamer, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Can't delete files even with admin

When i try to delete a folder i am not allowed to. When i try to change the permissions it says "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings" what can i do?

:)

BonnieToGamer, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Advice- how to delete a file with admin rights

ok- im putting this to the group- cause ive been battling this stupid file and folder for about a half hour.

if any of you know anything about mp3-g karaoke files it would be a plus.

this is so stupid its crazy- in computerized karaoke, the mp3 and cdg files are in a zip folder, the software plays it by unzipping-

whild doing some mundane library chores i unzipped a file cause the mp3 inside would not let me correct the updated naming structure, so fine, i have software for that, unzipped the file, took control, ownership, changed all the security rights on the zip and the cdg, but the mp3 is not allowing me to do anything but play it.

i cannot alter, delete or change special permissions or owners rights or nothing.

so i went back to the disc and re ripped that track, now i no longer need this copy, and it wont let me delete or move it off to a different drive or anything. and i cannot re zip it.

i tried using file assasin in malwarebytes, and windows will not allow it without admins permission, which i cannot change.

and it scans clean, so its not a bug, and it plays, but i cannot get rid of it-

problem is, its on a 750 gig drive with 170,000 other files on it- if i had enough drives around to move all of the other files and just reformat the damn drive i would, but thats not verey practical either.

im open for ideas*Bang Head :banghead:

by the way if it makes a difference, im in windows 7 rc 1 64 bit- never seen this one before.

madmanjohn, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Can't delete files even with admin

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't delete files even with admin

1. Can't delete files even with admin - Similar Threads - Can't delete files

2. Can't Delete Font Files that aren't even installed!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Delete Font Files that aren't even installed!!!: I bought a new laptop earlier this year Lenovo Legion 7, and ever since I haven't been able to delete certain font files. I transferred hundreds of fonts from my previous laptop, and have continued to download fonts from online, but there are random font files that I can't...
  3. How do you delete a file even Admin can't delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you delete a file even Admin can't delete?: I run into this pretty regularly and it's super frustrating. Try to delete a file and it says I need Admin to do it, I click yes and then it still says permission denied. I try changing permissions and same thing. It's even really dumb files too, some left over Fallout76 junk...
  4. HELP!! I CAN'T DELETE THIS FILE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ADMIN!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELP!! I CAN'T DELETE THIS FILE, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE ADMIN!: [ATTACH] I can't delete this file, even though I have admin. I've tried to change the security permissions, but it doesn't work. Please help!...
  5. Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin

Cant change or delete files, even though im an admin: Recently, I have not been able to change or delete files on my pc. I have looked it up, and going in to properties of the file and giving myself permissions either doesnt work on some files or the option to change it is grayed out. For example, I tried to move Program...
  6. cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete folder on external HD, even as admin: I am trying to delete this empty folder: [img] It said I needed admin privilege, so I clicked continue, then I got this error. Then, I ran Windows Explorer in admin mode and tried to delete it again and got this: [img] How do I delete this folder? 160501
  7. Admin Can't delete files without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Can't delete files without permission: When I go into user Accounts it says I am Admin, but when I go to delete something it says I need permission from administratordesktop-914tkhd administrator. When I go to the advances security Tab it says I have full control but I still can't delete the files in the folder....
  8. I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin

I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin: I like to download/install files and .exe files to mod games. I'm safe with what and where I download files and from whom I download them. However, *for some files*, whenever I want to delete or move a file, I get a message saying I don't have permission and I need admin...
  9. Can't delete a file even though I own it

Can't delete a file even though I own it: I recently installed some kind of virus onto my computer that runs these programs that make my laptop overheat very quickly and sometimes play random music. I figured out the location of these programs, located in two folders in Local Disk C: and have tried to delete them....
  10. Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.: To keep my problem succinct: [ATTACH] Click "yes" on the security pop up (doesn't ask for my password, this is the only account on this laptop). Try to type in command I want to do, get this: [ATTACH] ... Just wanted to know why my network adapter keeps crashing every...