Windows 10: Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

Discus and support Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I deleted a shared drive from my old work computer and now I cannot delete a load of folders ‘attached’ to this drive as they can’t access the path.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GinniHogarth, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

I deleted a shared drive from my old work computer and now I cannot delete a load of folders ‘attached’ to this drive as they can’t access the path. How can I get rid of these folders please? Thank you :-

:)

GinniHogarth, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 20, 2020
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Aug 20, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive

1. Can’t delete files from deleted shared drive - Similar Threads - Can’t delete files

2. Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me: My language tutor just shared with me a PDF file but I ma not able to open it and it requires administrator access to delete it. I thought I currently had admin access. How can I go about deleting this?Note: I do not believe this file is manicous in any way. It is a textbook...
  3. Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Delete A File That Was Shared With Me: My language tutor just shared with me a PDF file but I ma not able to open it and it requires administrator access to delete it. I thought I currently had admin access. How can I go about deleting this?Note: I do not believe this file is manicous in any way. It is a textbook...
  4. Unable to delete files on network share

Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  5. cant delete a file from c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant delete a file from c drive: when ever i am trying to delete a file from c drive its saying that the file is open in somewhere else now how do i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-from-c-drive/507f8889-9aea-4e27-b4ec-aed7ddb571f0
  6. Can’t download, update or delete files

Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  7. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  8. Can’t delete video file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t delete video file: I recorded a stream I was doing in amazing quality and it went for 7 hours and the file is now 456GB apparently and it’s not letting me delete it, can some help? submitted by /u/SpottyYT-SS [link] [comments]...
  9. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  10. Deleting video files from Shared library

Deleting video files from Shared library: Please help me to delete videos from Shared library of Windows Media Player. I have some videos there, which I don’t want to share because my laptop is connected to the TV....