Windows 10: Can't delete files from my desktop

Discus and support Can't delete files from my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarinSavel, May 15, 2019.

1. Can't delete files from my desktop

I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top.

:)

CarinSavel, May 15, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 15, 2019
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, May 15, 2019
  4. Can't delete files from my desktop

Cant Delete Files From Desktop

no x64 support, te x64 version never was made avalable.

and yes, it says the file is in use, If I kill explorer.exe(desktop) i can use explorer to move/delete the files no problems, its a pain tho because then manytimes i gotta log out or restart to get all my stupid tray icons back(some apps dont auto recover)

Rebo&Zooty, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete files from my desktop

1. Can't delete files from my desktop - Similar Threads - Can't delete files

2. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  3. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  4. Can't delete Excel file from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Excel file from desktop: You probably think, "Go check the thousands of other posts and replies about the problem!" but trust me, nothing works!I'll try to keep it short. Got an email from the boss with an xlsx attachment. The attachment didn't 'save as' due to permission issues but 'right click ->...
  5. Can't delete Excel file from desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete Excel file from desktop: You probably think, "Go check the thousands of other posts and replies about the problem!" but trust me, nothing works!I'll try to keep it short. Got an email from the boss with an xlsx attachment. The attachment didn't 'save as' due to permission issues but 'right click ->...
  6. Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop: Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to delete this folder. This folder is no longer needed so I'd like to delete it as part of my housekeeping....
  7. Can't delete files on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files on desktop: Hi I've had this problem for a while now...I can't delete or move items on my desktop unless I restart my PC. Please don't post links on how to set permissions, I've tried that MANY times. It does say I don't have permission but I'm the ONLY user and it works fine after...
  8. Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop: Hey all, I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop. - If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file - I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it -...
  9. Can't delete icon from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icon from my desktop: Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions? 110971
  10. Can't delete file on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete file on Desktop: There is a rar file on my desktop which I can not delete. It was from a wallpaper pack I was downloading from MEGA but I had cancelled it before it finished. Now it is on my desktop and no matter what I do it won't be deleted. I am not able to press delete as it says it needs...