Windows 10: Can't delete files in my computer

Discus and support Can't delete files in my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are a few files on my computer that I would like to delete - I right click on the file and click on delete; it does absolutely nothing. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NilsaFernandez, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Can't delete files in my computer

There are a few files on my computer that I would like to delete - I right click on the file and click on delete; it does absolutely nothing. I am logged in as the administrator.

Even tried to delete the files via OneDrive since they are on there as well - no luck. I have no viruses, I checked already via Windows Defender & Microsoft Safety Scanner.

I want to use a method that does not affect my connection to my office server since I am a contracted employee.

HELP

Can't delete files in my computer 5928b47c-d65c-4598-b410-a6200099aadc?upload=true.png

:)

NilsaFernandez, Nov 7, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Can't delete files in my computer

Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete files in my computer

1. Can't delete files in my computer - Similar Threads - Can't delete files

2. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  3. Can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file: I can't delete a file from my desktop - I either get an error code that the file isn't empty, the file isn't synchronized or that I don't have permission to delete the file. I changed the administrator permissions so that I have full control of the folder but I still can't...
  4. Can't Delete File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Delete File: Here's something that might help a lot of people.I downloaded a file and then couldn't delete it in Windows 10, even using Admin Cmd Prompt and Safe Mode. I also couldn't move or rename it.I tried everything I could think of and looked for answers for hours and finally I...
  5. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file: [ATTACH] The last time i played Forza i downloaded it thru the Microsoft store but they've changed it when i deleted the game it left the program file and i can't delete it is there a way around this?...
  6. My computer is deleting files

My computer is deleting files: Hi! My computer is deleting some of files. For example I have a YouTube channel and I record videos with my phone and share it to my PC.Then I upload the video. But 3-4 months ago my computer started to delete my videos and it deleted some of my other files. I formatted 2-3...
  7. Can't delete my files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete my files: I downloaded HAlo MCC on my computer and wanted to delete it. I did but the storage space was not clearing so I had to use an app to locate the file in which I initially didn't have permission to delete. I ended up going through the security and giving myself permission over...
  8. Can't delete files!

Can't delete files!: For some weird reason, sometimes I can't delete files on my desktop. Says I don't have permission! I'm the only user and have checked all the usual permission places. I have full control. If I restart the PC it's fine again. Can't save any work to the desktop either. All my...
  9. Can't delete files?

Can't delete files?: I installed GIMP yesterday to try editing on it, didn't like it so I deleted it. Didn't delete or uninstall it properly so now whenever I search GIMP in my library in the THIS PC tab it has a bunch of files that I can't delete. I'll put pictures because I'm not good with...
  10. on my computer and i can't delete it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    on my computer and i can't delete it: i have a web discover browser on mycomputer and i can't delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/on-my-computer-and-i-cant-delete-it/e4fd2084-98d6-4992-b8b1-6acfe8011b39