Windows 10: Can't delete files off of CD - help!

Discus and support Can't delete files off of CD - help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I got some (supposedly) blank CDs only to find there is one track on each of them I cannot erase at all. I'm not even given an option to delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jess_097, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Jess_097 Win User

Can't delete files off of CD - help!

So I got some (supposedly) blank CDs only to find there is one track on each of them I cannot erase at all.

I'm not even given an option to delete the track OR clear the disc. I've tried programs that delete things off CDs but they can't because it's locked into read only mode, and from there I checked my admin rights and it says I should be able to delete it but I still can't.

I'm at a loss at what I have to do. Please help!

Currently using a HP Envy with a Windows 10 OS

CDs are Verbatim CD-RW

(Screenshots below; blotted out personal stuff)

Can't delete files off of CD - help! 212ca35b-ff05-44e5-9db3-1c39b1cbd9fd?upload=true.png

Can't delete files off of CD - help! 03f89da6-690b-4e89-8fce-0a81e8d869c9?upload=true.png

:)

Jess_097, Jan 28, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    RIP CDs

Hi,

We suggest that you perform these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Press "Windows" + "E" button on the keyboard.
    • Go to "View > Navigation pane" and select "Show libraries".
    • Now in the navigation pane, right-click on the "Music" library under "Libraries" and select "Delete".
    • Now right-click on the "Libraries" and select "Restore default libraries".
    • Now try to rip.

We also suggest that you refer to this link. Burn and rip CDs.

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Jan 28, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't delete files off of CD - help! - Similar Threads - Can't delete files

2. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  3. Can't delete URL file off of desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete URL file off of desktop: I have a url file on my desktop and i cant delete it. every time i try it just stays there and i tried every possible method mentioned on the internet. i cannot move it to another folder nor edit it. it just stays on my desktop. please help....
  4. Help, can't delete file!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help, can't delete file!: I have a file that I can't delete, nor can I move it to a different folder. If I try to execute either of these actions, my file explorer will just completely lock up, not only that, if I even try to enter the folder in which it's contained videos my file explorer will also...
  5. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  6. Help! can't delete file with special characters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! can't delete file with special characters: I downloaded a video using video download helper from youtube. didnt realize the filename had special characters and now i can't delete it. I tried using cmd, installed farmanager and 7zip but every time i try to delete the file, the program just hangs there. submitted by...
  7. Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help

Deleted Files - Can't Recover - Please Help: Okay last night or a few days ago, depends on when someone answers my computer needed a reset because of a blackout nice work Microsoft, I have spent two days trying to recover my files games, apps, work notes and nothing has worked. I've tried Disk-Drill, but nothing I had...
  8. Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: Can't Delete FIles From Desktop: Hey all, I'm looking for advice on how to fix this strange problem: I cannot delete a subgroup of files from my desktop. - If I create a new file (using Notepad) I can easily delete the file - I can move an offending file to another folder but am still unable to delete it -...
  9. Help with copying files to CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with copying files to CD: I cannot figure out how to burn some files to a CD. I put a blank in the drive and try to copy files to the CD by opening a window of the source and the drive as the target. I click and drag the files from the source to the target window and I get the following response. It...
  10. Extracting a file off CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting a file off CD: Is there a way to extract a file off win 10 cd? I upgraded to this new version of anniversary build 1607 & then made a DVD off the MCT & need to extract a file called nvstor64.sys as mine older one. It seems this file part of windows boot. I downloaded new drivers from...