Windows 10: Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use"

Discus and support Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This issue is mainly on OS X but it's with a file on a Windows share so that's why I'm asking this here. My home file server is using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryley2637, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use"

This issue is mainly on OS X but it's with a file on a Windows share so that's why I'm asking this here.

My home file server is using Windows 10 Home to create a few shares with files on my hard drives in the PC. On my Mac, sometimes when I try to delete a file or modify it at all, it says that the file is in use, even though it's not. If I disconnect and reconnect to the share it will work fine after that. Usually it only happens after I make modifications to the file it will be "locked" even though OS X and Windows says it's not. Once I make the first save or any sort of modification, I can't delete or modify the file at all. After working with the permissions it seems that if I have any specific user account with any sort of permissions on the file (allows or denies) this will happen. If I only have user groups in the permissions list (again, allows and denies) everything works fine. I can make this work now, but does anyone know how I can solve this? Thanks!

:)

ryley2637, Jun 16, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jun 16, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

You can restart your computer.

Whatphoeb, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't Delete Files on Share Because They're "In Use" - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Files

2. can't delete network share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't delete network share: It seems that there is a zombie network share connected to my windows account. The share Q shows up in the explorer as "disconnected" but when I click on it, the share opens up. I tried to disconnect it with the right-click context menu but that did not work and the explorer...
  3. can't delete network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't delete network share: It seems that there is a zombie network share connected to my windows account. The share Q shows up in the explorer as "disconnected" but when I click on it, the share opens up. I tried to disconnect it with the right-click context menu but that did not work and the explorer...
  4. can't delete network share

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I see which program uses this file, because I can't delete it and it's not a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I see which program uses this file, because I can't delete it and it's not a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/user_1312_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4l9dn/how_can_i_see_which_program_uses_this_file/
  6. Empty folder can't be deleted because the folder is in use in another program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folder can't be deleted because the folder is in use in another program: I created a new folder and open a WORD document in it. I tried to rename it but got the message "The action can't be completed because the folder of file in it is open in another program." * I closed the file in WORD, tried again and got the same message. * I moved the...
  7. Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?: All my files say they're shared in file explorer and i am really confused i have all of those sharing settings/remote access settings turned off but my files still say they're shared? does anyone know why this is happening?[ATTACH]...
  8. Font can't be deleted because it's in use

in Windows 10 Support
    Font can't be deleted because it's in use: I am trying to delete a non system font (Bebas Neue), but when I try to delete it it gives me the message: "Bebas Neue cannot be deleted because it's in use". I tried booting into safe mode to delete it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 132174
  9. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...
  10. Can not delete files because there are other files in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not delete files because there are other files in it: I tried a command but for some reason didn't work it said this. I am the admin and have tried taking control of it that didn't work. Thanks for any idea's you may have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim>rmdir /q /s DataData\INTERF~1\BODYCH~1 - Access is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete files because they are in use