Windows 10: Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Discus and support Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Temren, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Temren Win User

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me.

I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account

I tried changing the controller of the file to Everyone but then it asks me to "get premission form Everyone".

I do not know how to fix this but I do know what doesn't work:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2031630-deleting-files-that-require-permission-from-myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFb2vW-ZEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2SXf4PS2Og

If It helps, I have done something before like this the I reverted my file premission settings so to not be vulnerable to any virus attacks. I suspect that might have to do with this.

If that is the case, how can I return to the "defult" settings so you know where am I to help me?

Thanks!

:)

Temren, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders in ProgramData: Are this folders safe?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kriger369 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd45d3/folders_in_programdata_are_this_folders_safe/
  3. is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?: Noticed this folder pop up and I'm not sure what its from the only thing I could think is of its from the last windows update since I think it was created on the same day. submitted by /u/nalaiio [link] [comments]...
  4. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  5. C:\ProgramData\st05.js

C:\ProgramData\st05.js: So I'm having this issue where every time I try to do anything on this computer a Windows Script Host window comes up with an error. The error is as follows: Windows Script Host Script: C:\ProgramData\st05.js Line: 1 Char: 10 Error: Invalid character Code: 800A03F6...
  6. Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData

Changing permissions on folders under C:\ProgramData: I am unable to change permissions on the Folder C:\ProgramData\NVIDA Corporation to allow Modify and/or Full control in order to let NVIDIA Control Panel settings to be saved! This is in Windows 10 Professional. I have run File Explorer as administrator! I require some...
  7. chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chrome.exe in Folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition...: Hi, On my brandnew Win 10 Laptop, i had in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\{...}\*.sys\Application a chrome.exe file and an folder named with the current version of chrome (68.0.3440....). This chrome was also usable for surfing and...
  8. Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.: I have a program which has a small text file in the C:\ProgramData\mfrg\appname folder. The program cannot read the file unless I select "Run as administrator" even though the account has administrator privileges.. I get an error that says the file cannot be located. How...
  9. ProgramData Folder Not Hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    ProgramData Folder Not Hidden: So I have 2 Windows 10 build 1709 machines. One I just noticed that the ProgramData folder is not hidden. I tried to hide it, but it just will not. I checked the settings and properties against my good machine and it all lines up except for not being hidden. Is there a...
  10. Can't see ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see ProgramData folder: The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed? 34884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cmd delete from programdata

2. programdata cant delete

3. how to delete programdata folder

4. how to delete folders in programdata,
  5. programdata what can i delete,
  6. unable to delete folders in c:\programdata,
  7. how to delete a folder in programdata,
  8. how can I delete ProgramData folder