Windows 10: Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

Discus and support Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me. I am the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Temren, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Temren Win User

Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\

I want to delete a folder in my C:\ProgramData\ loaction but it says I need premission from myself (DESKTOP-2B48AAE\Temren) who is me.

I am the only user of this machine and there is no one else who uses it. There is only 2 users one me and the other ASP.NET Machine account

I tried changing the controller of the file to Everyone but then it asks me to "get premission form Everyone".

I do not know how to fix this but I do know what doesn't work:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2031630-deleting-files-that-require-permission-from-myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFb2vW-ZEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2SXf4PS2Og

If It helps, I have done something before like this the I reverted my file premission settings so to not be vulnerable to any virus attacks. I suspect that might have to do with this.

If that is the case, how can I return to the "defult" settings so you know where am I to help me?

Thanks!

:)

Temren, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't delete folder in c:\ProgramData\ - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  3. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData: I found a hidden file named 11aa-27B9C597AD296D2F.log in C:\ProgramData and can't delete it. It appears to be some kind of office document. There is also related hidden documents in the C:\ named 1a-27B9C597AD296D2F.log, invoice-27B9C597AD296D2F.txt, and...
  4. Unknown file won't delete in C:\ProgramData

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?

Can I delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder ?: Hi, Can you please tell me if I can delete the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs folder.Its taking up 61 GB of space on my computer.I've attached a screenshot of the files aswell a screenshot from treeSize Free.Please tell me what I can do to free this space ?...
  6. Accidentally Deleted C:/ProgramData/Windows Defender/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted C:/ProgramData/Windows Defender/: I accidentally deleted the windows defender folder from program data and now windows defender won't start up again. Ive tried manually installing an update but that doesn't work. Do I have to copy the folder from a different installation of windows to get it to work again?...
  7. Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?: [ATTACH] After I just updated my computer, I saw a bunch of new files including "ProgramData" folder, it contains 3.26 Gigabytes size but it doesn't consume my storage. If I delete this folder, will it crash or disable some of my apps or data? Will it increase my storage...
  8. is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is C:\ProgramData\ssh a windows folder?: Noticed this folder pop up and I'm not sure what its from the only thing I could think is of its from the last windows update since I think it was created on the same day. submitted by /u/nalaiio [link] [comments]...
  9. Deleting ProgramData files on C drive

Deleting ProgramData files on C drive: Hello I am wondering if I can delete ProgramData files on C drive so I can free up space and help my pc run faster. I went online and saw related articles but they didn't recommend to delete them. But in ProgramData folder, there are many subfolders of Softwares that I had...
  10. Can't see ProgramData folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see ProgramData folder: The ProgramData folder is not displayed in Explorer. I can search for programs that currently exist in this directory but can't access it. Any clues or how to proceed? 34884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete a file or filder in windows 10 using command prompt

2. how to delete a file or filder in windows 10 using cmd

3. windows cmd delete from programdata

4. programdata cant delete,
  5. how to delete programdata folder,
  6. how to delete folders in programdata,
  7. programdata what can i delete,
  8. unable to delete folders in c:\programdata,
  9. how to delete a folder in programdata,
  10. how can I delete ProgramData folder