Windows 10: Cant delete folder, it is bugged?

Discus and support Cant delete folder, it is bugged? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This occurred because i was playing with shortcut. So, i created a shortcut for this folder, i deleted that folder and create a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pandoriux, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Cant delete folder, it is bugged?

/u/Pandoriux, Nov 22, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Cant delete folder, it is bugged? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Cant delete folder, it is bugged? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 22, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Cant delete folder, it is bugged?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete folder, it is bugged?

1. Cant delete folder, it is bugged? - Similar Threads - Cant delete folder

2. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  3. Cant delete corrupted folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant delete corrupted folder: Hello, I've been trying to delete a folder in my laptop that has been corruped. I tried the normal ways to delete it, even some CMD options, none worked. Its in a separate SSDNvme if thats important used only to store games, it doesnt have any OS inside it....
  4. cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder: nothing has worked so far to delete this file any type of file editor crashes when trying to edit the file and hitting delete on the file does nothing...
  5. LeadingGanege cant delete its folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LeadingGanege cant delete its folder: this application was downloaded while trying to download Spotify i uninstalled its software but now i cant delete it folder from C , i tried deleted it through cmd but nothing happened submitted by /u/ahmadmhasan [link] [comments]...
  6. Cant delete windows apps folders!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete windows apps folders!: I had to redownload windows because i was having an issue where windows wouldn't update and get stuck in a boot loop, I finally finished downloading it and i wanted to make sure i could install xbox games ontop my computer, when i went to download the games to my disks it...
  7. Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant delete a folder on the recycle bin: Recently i've had problems with my PC, after loggin in theres only a black screen and the cursor, task manager works fine and all the non-microsoft store programs, even trying to open ms-settings: doesnt work, i followed the steps from this thread but that didnt fix the...
  8. Cant Delete Folder - windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Delete Folder - windows apps: I have a folder called 'Windows apps' and its taking up alot of space. Inside the folder are 2 folders called 'MSIXVC' which is 60GB and 'Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.50.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' which is 66Gb. Ive done some investigating and it has something to do with the...
  9. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  10. Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant delete Windows.old folder after upgrade: After upgrading to latest Win 10 I am happy with all working well and want to delete the Windows.old folder. But although I am the administrator I get a message saying I need administrator rights to do this. I have even tried using the hidden administrator account but get the...