Windows 10: Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

Discus and support Can't delete folder no matter what I do. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oORL, Aug 10, 2019.

1. oORL Win User

Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus.

I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted.

After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells me: Can't delete folder no matter what I do. 8610f7fa-f261-46fa-9594-745bb3cf0fbb?upload=true.png

Im quite certain I've given the ownership to the correct person (me), as when I go to accounts, it lists my account name.

No matter who I change the permissions to (Administrators, Everyone, ie) it will not let me delete this file.

Any help? I don't want this ram eating, potential key logger running in the back of my computer constantly.

(p.s. It's running 3 tabs in task manager, and I can't 'End Task' any of them)

:)

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete folder no matter what I do. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete folder no matter what I do. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 10, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2019
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't delete folder no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?: There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-to-folder-that-i-cant-delete-what-do-i-do/890f907c-3be6-43ce-9f09-c90fdb4e5109
  3. There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do?: There to folder that I can't delete. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-to-folder-that-i-cant-delete-what-do-i-do/890f907c-3be6-43ce-9f09-c90fdb4e5109
  4. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  5. I can't delete files no matter what

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete files no matter what: I cant delete files that I don't want of a few downloads I originally thought it's because they're being used in the background but I can't end them on task manager it says "access denied" I also can't delete them using command prompt idk what to do please help me...
  6. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  7. Can't delete a file no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a file no matter what I do: I've installed a program that i didn't like, so I deleted it. Once deleting it there are 3 ".sys" files that I can't delete. It says that "Another program has it open". In resource monitor, I couldn't find any program that had any of theese files open, not even explorer. I...
  8. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  9. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...
  10. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then. OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues. Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media...