Windows 10: Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

Discus and support Can't delete folder no matter what I do. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus. I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oORL, Aug 10, 2019.

1. oORL Win User

Can't delete folder no matter what I do.

Whilst downloading a third party software, I accidently downloaded a bloatware antivirus.

I tried deleting it, and it told me it required permissions from " " to be deleted.

After doing tons of steps to change the permissions to my own Account Name, it still tells me: Can't delete folder no matter what I do. 8610f7fa-f261-46fa-9594-745bb3cf0fbb?upload=true.png

Im quite certain I've given the ownership to the correct person (me), as when I go to accounts, it lists my account name.

No matter who I change the permissions to (Administrators, Everyone, ie) it will not let me delete this file.

Any help? I don't want this ram eating, potential key logger running in the back of my computer constantly.

(p.s. It's running 3 tabs in task manager, and I can't 'End Task' any of them)

:)

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't delete folder no matter what I do. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't delete folder no matter what I do. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 10, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 10, 2019
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't delete folder no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. My PC wont turn on no matter what I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC wont turn on no matter what I do: Just tonight it happened for my PC to have some kind of problem ( Screen Freezing ) for no reason at all. I tried shutting it down and oppening it back again what I did not know is that lead me to a big problem now I have trying to fix for 3-4 hours. Now everytime I try to...
  3. No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No matter what i do, i can't boot my Windows 10 Asus laptop: Hi all I've been having a frustrated weekend about my laptop not booting and using every possible Windows option to recover it. It all started yesterday when i turn my laptop on but after shwoing the Asus logo it just stays in a black screen with white dots animating...
  4. No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe.....: No matter what I do I can't unsubscribe from a question I got answered more than a year ago!!! It is driving me crazy!!!! STOP THE MADNESS!!!!...
  5. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: This is the same title of the issue I reported December 21, 2017. That issue was upgrading the hardware on my wife's PC. I now have the same issue on my PC. History: Ran Win 7 Pro. Upgraded to free Win 10 Pro. Changed CPU and mobo. No activation issues. Installed CU and...
  6. Can't activate Windows no matter what I do

Can't activate Windows no matter what I do: Title. PC first had Win 7 Home 32bit (retail with key). Upgraded to Win 10 Home 32bit from free MS web upgrade when it came out. OS activated just fine then. OS automatically upgraded itself to Fall CU. No activation issues. Upgraded to Win 10 Home 64bit via Media...
  7. Windows 10 1511 will not install no matter what I do!

Windows 10 1511 will not install no matter what I do!: The title says most of it, so I'll go through what I have tried and what happened when I tried it. (on version 10240 btw) Run Windows update manually. I've run it dozens of times now, the 1511 update is there but always fails. Make sure defer upgrades is uncheck. I don't...
  8. Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot into the UEFI settings no matter what I do: what happened was that i set my computer to dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu which i've done a million times btw so i can almost do it with my eyes closed, lol anyways, my issue is that now, i can't load the UEFI settings and even worse than that, i can't boot anything through...
  9. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...