Windows 10: Can't delete folder that I created

Discus and support Can't delete folder that I created in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by larrydonline, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Can't delete folder that I created

This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content).

When I look at properties I get ""you do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission settings"It says it belongs to Desktop B91JACA\Administrators. How do I get ownership? I'm the only user so I'm automatically the administrator. But what is Desktop administrator?

Running Windows Home with Winter Creators Upgrade Version 1709.

Can't delete folder that I created [​IMG]

:)

larrydonline, Dec 14, 2017

2. NOKIA C5-06 MESSAGE FOLDER DELETE?

i am talking about creating folder . . That can't dlete , how to delete my folder created folders

hamzabaloch, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Unable to delete folder Nokia Asha 300

I've just bought an Nokia Asha 300 and tested how to make and delet a folder. I am able to create a folder, but then I can't delete it. I've created one under Applications > Extra.

Yvette72---01, Dec 14, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Can't delete folder that I created

"Desktop B91JACA" should be name/ serial number ID for your whole system, automatically generated during installation.
    As for problem with deleting that folder: it could contain a hidden, 0 fill file. Do you have hidden files enabled ? Did you try taking ownership of it ?

CountMike, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
  6. I followed the tutorial and have the "take ownership" in my right click menu, however it does not work. It goes through the steps, asking if I want to make that change and I click yes. However I still get all the same qualifiers for why I can't delete said folders. Nothing appears to have changed with the registry hack.

I don't have hidden files. I see all the system files in all folders.

larrydonline, Dec 14, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    Enable the Hidden Built In Administrator Account. Log out as You, and login as the Admin. Browse to your User name Profile C:\Users\[UserName] open the Desktop folder, try deleting it here. If this fails, the file may reside on Bad Sectors.
    Press the Win key+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) or Power Shell (Admin) type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes and reboot the computer. Check Disk will start at next boot up and will take a long while.This will search for Bad Sectors and corrupted files and try to "fix" them.

spunk, Dec 14, 2017
  8. Can't delete folder that I created

That was interesting. When in the administrator account the desktop has an entirely different look. I was able to navigate to the problem folder, but unfortunately I got the same message that I didn't have permission to view or edit it. I ran the scan and repair app which completed successfully. Still no joy with deleting the folder.

Ccleaner used to have a function for deleting a problem file but I don't find that in the latest version. Someone claimed they fixed a problem like this by booting into Safe mode but I don't know how to do that with Windows 10. There's nothing in Task Manager for booting into Safe mode. I hope there's still something to try yet that might work.

larrydonline, Dec 15, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    To boot to Safe Mode, click Start then the Power icon. Press the Shift key and click Restart.

You can also install a program called Unlocker which will get rid of the file/foler for you.

Ztruker, Dec 15, 2017
  10. zooburner Win User
    I tend to keep a linux boot disk handy for occasions like this.

zooburner, Dec 15, 2017
  11. May I take that as an opportunity to ask about the android operating systems. How does one try out linux or Ubuntu or some other non-Windows, non-Apple OS? Can they be installed on a computer already running Windows? Do most users use them as their sole OS? Do most programs made for Windows also have a linux version? Where's a good place to learn about alt. OS's?

12. to Ztruker: I couldn't download Unlocker. I never found a download link that worked. I just got moved from one page to another with a million ads but nothing ever downloaded the file. Got another link?

13. TrustMe Win User

TrustMe, Dec 15, 2017
  14. But I'm very happy to report that I stumbled across LockHunter. A very good program that first tells you what programs are locking you out of deleting, then gives you lots of options including delete. "Overflow" is no more!

Thank yous to everyone who responded with suggestions. I learned a lot that I didn't know.

Thought I'd mention that I followed the tutorial to create the administrator account. I logged in just fine and found the computer had a new desktop. I think it's the old one we had on Windows 7 with the light coming from the right side of the screen. Anyway when I reset it, it automatically relogged me in as usual (I don't use a password). I didn't have to pick my name or administrator as I had that choice when I ran the hack. The tutorial indicates that you need to go back into the reg and undo that special admin setting. But it appears to have cancelled itself in my case.

15. spunk Win User
    spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete folder that I created - Similar Threads - Can't delete folder

2. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a folder: I am using Windows 10. I am trying to delete a folder, but it keeps saying "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder" even though I set all permissions in the folder to Full Control. Is there anything else I missed?...
  3. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  4. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  5. I can't delete a folder

I can't delete a folder: I accidently wrote a infinite loop to creat a bunch of folders. These folders are nested toghther and there is probably more than 10k layers. Now I can't delete these folder, since there is too much layers. I tried to use python to delete these folders and it says that...
  6. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  7. Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.

Can't delete WindowsApps folder created by the Xbox program.: Let me just state that not giving users full control of their PC is absolutely **** unacceptable. What the **** is Microsoft thinking? Second, yes. I've tried changing permissions, it doesn't always work. Microsoft needs to unfuck the condescending view they have of their...
  8. Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.

Created Folder ... which points to the parent folder, can't delete it.: I managed to get a folder with the name ... created. When I double-click it, it resolves to the same directory I was in, so it is an infinite loop. I can't delete the folder because it is not empty or the parent folder because it is not empty. I can't rename or move it....
  9. Created a folder now I can't delete it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Created a folder now I can't delete it?: I have a brand new computer, I just finished it in the last couple weeks if it makes any difference here's the basic hardware: Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard, Ryzen 3950X, 32gb Corsair Ram, 2tb Samsung M.2 boot drive with Windows 10 pro, 4tb Samsung Evo data drive I:, 6tb...
  10. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folder i created but cant delete