Windows 10: Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition

Discus and support Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 partitions per drive, of which (C:) is an SSD, and (D:) and (E:) are separate HDDs. I tried installing Forza Horizon 4 on partition (E:),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LightningS5959, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition

I have 3 partitions per drive, of which (CCan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) is an SSD, and (DCan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) and (ECan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) are separate HDDs.

I tried installing Forza Horizon 4 on partition (ECan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :), but I noticed that during installation the space was being filled up not only in (ECan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) but also in (CCan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) so i aborted the installation. The game files that managed to get installed didn't get deleted automatically and now I'm left with huge chunks of unusable data in each drive.

In (ECan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) i was able to find the respective file that was taking up space (as it was the only thing on the entire partition anyway) and I tried deleting it, but I didn't have permission to do so, then I tried taking ownership of it, but that also failed for some reason. I also used Treesize to try and delete it, but it (quite obviously) had no effect either. I then proceeded to format the entire partition just for the sake of clearing it out and that worked, naturally.

The problem I'm left with now is: even though I managed to get rid of the game files in partition (ECan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :), I don't know where the other ones that got installed in (CCan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) are, and neither can I afford formatting C drive (I have extremely important software/settings there).

Could anyone help me find the files that got lost in (CCan't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition :) and also show me how to delete them somehow?

Thank you in advance!

:)

LightningS5959, Dec 11, 2019

2. saving forza horizon 4

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum. Please post this question in the

Forza Horizon
    forum, where we have the engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Splinter Win User

Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition

Backup of Forza Horizon 4

Hello to all here,

i want to backup my Forza Horizon 4 which is installed to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps. I used the build in backup functionality of Windows 10 to back it up. If i now will make a fresh Windows 10 installation and then restore my backup back to c:\programfiles\WindowsApps will Forza Horizon 4 be recognized as installed on my new system? What happens if this fails? If it fails i have no possibilty to delete the 70gb of the restauration because i have no access to the WindowsApps Folder which means i have to reinstall Windows 10 again.

Did somebody already tried to backup and restore Windows 10 Apps successfully?

Greetings

Splinter, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition

1. Can't delete Forza Horizon 4 files from partition - Similar Threads - Can't delete Forza

2. Can't install Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Forza Horizon 4: I Bought the Xbox Game pass Ultimate a few day Ago. And i tried downloading forza Horizon 4 but always get an Failure on download. I Tries for a second, cant even Download a file and then it stops. I can download other games without a problem, it seems to be just this one. I...
  3. Storage delete Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage delete Forza Horizon 4: Hello, I really need help. I have delete Forza Horizon 4 because i need storage but when i have delete it, there are always the storage. Please help me : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-delete-forza-horizon-4/313e19df-c255-45dd-a735-f3f1cdafc281
  4. Forza Horizon 4 is deleted from my Library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Forza Horizon 4 is deleted from my Library: I bought FH4 somewhere in 2020 and I used a code in Microsoft store played it for a while and then stopped. Now I decided to play it again but there is nothing in my Library... I tried restarting pc, logging out and back in nothing seems to be helping... Microsoft store just...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forza Horizon 4 files: Hello,I reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC because of some sound problems, anyway I fixed that and now I went to launch the game and I couldn´t, and on the Microsoft Store it doesn´t let me reinstall the game on my second hard drive where the game was installed and still is, but...
  6. Can't install forza horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install forza horizon 4: I cant download any apps from microsoft store. The error code I'm getting is:0x803FB005.i tried resetting the store, signing out and again signing in, reinstalling the microsoft store but none helped....
  7. Can't install Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Forza Horizon 4: So I bought FH4 today on G2A and I have to download the game through the Microsoft Store, but the problem is that when I press "Install" on Microsoft Store and when I choose on which drive should I download the game, nothing happenes and game doesn't start installing. Can...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !: Hey ... I have a small problem, premiere forza, etc. I started a happy game ... I play, I play ... And suddenly ... Crash - the game has freeza for a second and gray screen and s*** ... Played Crashes to the desktopafter playing ... Can you help me? The same problem I had...
  10. Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo: When I go to download the demo I select my computer to install and it says "we're trying to install to the selected device(s)" and gives me the option to click ok but no downloading or installation progress bar and I cannot find Forza anywhere on my computer or in the windows...