Windows 10: Can't delete french keyboard input!

Discus and support Can't delete french keyboard input! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kensiko, Dec 9, 2015.

1. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

:)

kensiko, Dec 9, 2015
  2. mesoboy Win User

Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

Thanks for the link, but it's not a question of installing language packs or keyboards. My main admin account has English as the language and French installed as the input method (the English keyboard option is present as I can switch between the two if
    I need to). The problem is the user account - no matter what I do, I can't get the French keyboard to install as the input method - I install the French keyboard, it works in that instance, but the moment I log out of this account and then back in, the input
    method has returned to English with no way of switching to the French keyboard. This doesn't happen with the admin account.

mesoboy, Dec 9, 2015
  3. sba923 Win User
    Can't remove a Keyboard layout in Windows 10

I can't remove English as a language: the machines have a French OS installed since this is what came with them (and is convenient for most members of the household), but as a software engineering / computer professional my working language is English, so
    I have the English MUI (language pack) installed.

But I don't have any PC with a "English US" keyboard... So I only need "English input language with French keyboard" and "French input language with French keyboard" as the only two choices. I want to get rid of "English input language with US keyboard."

Or maybe I misunderstood what you're suggesting?

sba923, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Can't delete french keyboard input!

1. Can't delete french keyboard input! - Similar Threads - Can't delete french

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  4. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  5. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  6. Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french: I turned my computer off when it was in english and accidentaly knocked buttons on the keyboard, and the main input is french i think it is french but the OS features and apps Settings, search etc are in french, and external apps like firefox are in english input.I've tried...
  7. Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french: I turned my computer off when it was in english and accidentaly knocked buttons on the keyboard, and the main input is french i think it is french but the OS features and apps Settings, search etc are in french, and external apps like firefox are in english input.I've tried...
  8. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  9. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  10. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...