Windows 10: Can't delete icon from my desktop

Discus and support Can't delete icon from my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, May 24, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Can't delete icon from my desktop

Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions?

:)

Nisko, May 24, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 25, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Can't delete icon from my desktop

1. Can't delete icon from my desktop - Similar Threads - Can't delete icon

2. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  3. Can't delete a file from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a file from my desktop: I downloaded a file from a tax website onto my desktop. The file was automatically labelled by the provider as follows:"1099 E-File, E-File 1099-MISC, 1099-K Form Online, 1099-INT Form Online, 1099-DIV Form Online, 1042-S Form Online, 1099-A Form Online, 1099-B Form Online,...
  4. Why are my icons deleted from the desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my icons deleted from the desktop?: My icons, folders are regularly automatically deleted from the desktop. Why? I have two PCs activated on the same MS account. I uninstalled OneDrive. Still the same problem. Resetting the PC several times, did not help. How could I uninstall Windows 11 and install it under a...
  5. Why are my icons deleted from the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my icons deleted from the desktop?: My icons, folders are regularly automatically deleted from the desktop. Why? I have two PCs activated on the same MS account. I uninstalled OneDrive. Still the same problem. Resetting the PC several times, did not help. How could I uninstall Windows 11 and install it under a...
  6. Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete this Folder from my Desktop: Attached is the screenshot of the name of a folder on my desktop - and a screenshot of the contents. Also included is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to delete this folder. This folder is no longer needed so I'd like to delete it as part of my housekeeping....
  7. PDF shortcut / icon will not delete from desktop. Can't rename. Can't move to another...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF shortcut / icon will not delete from desktop. Can't rename. Can't move to another...: Working on an HP machine with Windows 10. I've tried: 1 - Right Click + Delete 2 - Moving to Recycling Bin including dragging to Recycling Bin 3 - Renaming File 4 - C: > Users > [Username] > Desktop > Delete/Rename/Move/etc. 5 - A Lenovo / Preview Panel bug fix 6 -...
  8. Can't delete files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  9. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701
  10. old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    old desktop icons reappered - can't delete: I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses? 47567

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cant delete icon on desktop