Windows 10: Can't delete inetpub folder....

Discus and support Can't delete inetpub folder.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've disabled IIS and IIS Hostable Web Core in windows features yet still cannot delete this folder ! Error message "the action cant be completed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Digitaldreams, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Can't delete inetpub folder....

I've disabled IIS and IIS Hostable Web Core in windows features yet still cannot delete this folder !

Error message "the action cant be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another program", yet nothing is running !

Thanks in advance

:)

Digitaldreams, Apr 29, 2020
  2. rdwray Win User

Can't delete inetpub folder

E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe

Can't delete inetpub folder.... [​IMG]

I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff???

rdwray, May 23, 2020
  3. Inetpub folder

Hi Sverre,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "have the inetpub folder", where exactly are you searching for inetpub folder?
    • When you say that "I have also tried to stop the process Service Host: Internet Information Services", why have you tried to disable the service host services?
    • Are you connected to a domain network?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 23, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Can't delete inetpub folder....

This old TF thread on the same topic gradually works its way to a solution (read all 8 posts: the good stuff is in the last 3-4 items).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Can't delete inetpub folder

PS: OTOH, you could boot to a repair/recovery USB, and then go in and delete that folder while its host OS isn't running. Shouldn't have any problem in that case, either.

EdTittel, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't delete inetpub folder.... - Similar Threads - Can't delete inetpub

2. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  3. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  4. Can't delete folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folders: I have a video downloading app that I use frequently. I download music videos from You Tube and group several intoa music video or extract the audio and put those together. On three occasions I created separate folders for differentgenre music, downloaded the clips in those...
  5. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a folder: I tried to delete this folder many times even with the safe mode I search task manager too for a task named nokia...but could not find [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-folder/79d144cc-6332-452d-a53c-1728d798e48c
  6. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  7. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  8. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: I have a WD My Book for backup and I was testing it out so I backed everything up. Then I went to restore and selected Program Files and Programs (X86) to restore and sentthemt to my WD My Book Restore folder. It restored perfectly, but now I can't delete it. I tried...
  9. Can't delete folder

Can't delete folder: Hi, so I'm simply trying to delete a game folder from my computer but every time I try it says I need permission from "DESKTOP" something and I have no idea what its talking about. I've already set myself as owner of everything on the drive and given myself every permission I...
  10. Can't delete inetpub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder: E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe [img] I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff??? 97653

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot delete interpoob appPools