Windows 10: Can't delete inetpub folder

Discus and support Can't delete inetpub folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe [img] I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff??? 97653 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Nov 8, 2017.

1. rdwray Win User

Can't delete inetpub folder

E:\inetpub\temp\appPools\APC8869.tmp is locked by Svchost.exe

Can't delete inetpub folder [​IMG]

I can kill the process, but is it safe to delete this stuff???

:)

rdwray, Nov 8, 2017

2. Inetpub folder

The folder is in the root of the C-drive. I guess that if you don't know that, you can't really answer the question?

Why shouldn't I stop the IIS-service? It's a service used for IIS-servers or others hosting web sites, isn't it?

If I should make the question simpler it would be: Why do I have to run web hosting related services on a PC that isn't suposed to be a web host?

it's not really a problem it's just that I don't like to have things in my c-drive that doesn't absolutely have to be there. And to have folders outside the standard windows, program files (x86), program files, users and program data, in the root of the
    c-drive is a total no-no in my book.

Also, everything user related (users/account name) has been moved to the root of the d-drive wich only holds user data. Everything else is spread out on my 4 other HDD's. I'm and _organization_ freak I guess. Ordnung must sein (it has to be order), as they
    say in Germany. Can't delete inetpub folder ;)

SverreMunthe, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Inetpub folder

That does NOT solve the problem. IIS is not on, nor has it ever been turned on for my computer. Something else is causing this, which is very worrisome.

And, it is EXTREMELY UNACCEPTABLE !!!! That Microsoft does not address this question. A tech support individual responded once, and asked an irrelevant question (apparently not understanding the issue), and then has been hiding under his desk ever since.

GregSHastings, Nov 8, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Do you use your PC to develop Website ? IIS is needed to run as a Web Server. If not, click on start and type:Control and run control panel-> programs & Features ->Turn Windows Features on or off then uncheck "Internet Information Service"

topgundcp, Nov 9, 2017
  5. rdwray Win User
    I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and, it has been years, but I played with IIS services. What bothers me is the "Windows Process Activation Service" that appears to be running.

rdwray, Nov 9, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    When you turn off IIS in Windows Features as topgundcp described it will turn that service off too, as it is only there because IIS is using it.

Bree, Nov 9, 2017
  7. rdwray Win User
    Well this presents an interesting problem. I turned off IIS and killed Service Host, but it just restarts and throws a .tmp file into the folder every time and locks it. Got to be another service running that is activating Service Host.

rdwray, Nov 9, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Hey rdwray,
    Been awhile since I've used IIS. Uninstalling it should have removed it services (IIS Admin, SMTP, World Wide Web Publishing) , but I'd double check services for those and if they still exist, set their startup type to manual or disabled.

Eagle51, Nov 9, 2017
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Did you turn off all these ?

Can't delete inetpub folder [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 9, 2017
  10. rdwray Win User
    Yep, turned all those off. Finally shut down "Windows Process Activation Service" and that did it. Apparently this service starts with IIS in a manual state and has to be shut down manually.

rdwray, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete inetpub folder - Similar Threads - Can't delete inetpub

2. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  3. Can't delete folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete folder: Hello, what does this mean? I just want to delete the folder.Administrator functions on Windows is the absolute worst, I am the only one that ever uses my own computer.Thank you for you help....
  4. Can't delete folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete folders: I have a video downloading app that I use frequently. I download music videos from You Tube and group several intoa music video or extract the audio and put those together. On three occasions I created separate folders for differentgenre music, downloaded the clips in those...
  5. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a folder: I tried to delete this folder many times even with the safe mode I search task manager too for a task named nokia...but could not find [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-folder/79d144cc-6332-452d-a53c-1728d798e48c
  6. Can't Delete Folders

Can't Delete Folders: I ran a batch file named aa.bat and it goes like this: @Echo off :a mkdir Desktop copy aa.bat Desktop/aa.bat cd Desktop goto :a PAUSE The loop goes on until I get the maximum filename error. Now I can't delete the folders. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  7. Can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder: About 2 weeks ago I deleted the contents of a fold on my PC then deleted the folder. My next reboot the folder came back ( the empty folder with the name I named it when created ) I've deleted it about 10 times and after each reboot it comes back. very strange, anyone know...
  8. Can't delete inetpub folder....

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete inetpub folder....: I've disabled IIS and IIS Hostable Web Core in windows features yet still cannot delete this folder ! Error message "the action cant be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another program", yet nothing is running ! Thanks in advance 155343
  9. Can't delete a folder

Can't delete a folder: I have a WD My Book for backup and I was testing it out so I backed everything up. Then I went to restore and selected Program Files and Programs (X86) to restore and sentthemt to my WD My Book Restore folder. It restored perfectly, but now I can't delete it. I tried...
  10. Can't delete folder

Can't delete folder: Hi, so I'm simply trying to delete a game folder from my computer but every time I try it says I need permission from "DESKTOP" something and I have no idea what its talking about. I've already set myself as owner of everything on the drive and given myself every permission I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete C:\inetpub\temp\appPools

2. hapus inetpub

3. hapus folder inetpub di drive c

4. remove folder inetpub apppools,
  5. cannot delete interpoob appPools,
  6. inetpub temp apppools tmp files,
  7. inetpub svchost,
  8. inetpub temp folder,
  9. inetpub folder what is it,
  10. cant delete intepub folder ,
  11. cant delete inepub folder,