Windows 10: Can't Delete ISO File

Discus and support Can't Delete ISO File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Can't Delete ISO File that I have on an external disk drive. It says "the action can't be completed because the file is open in system." This is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimlau, Mar 20, 2019.

1. jimlau Win User

Can't Delete ISO File

I Can't Delete ISO File that I have on an external disk drive. It says "the action can't be completed because the file is open in system." This is an unopened video file.

How can I delete it?

Thanks.

:)

jimlau, Mar 20, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. timta2 Win User
    Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

timta2, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Can't Delete ISO File

Delete an ISO image file

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if the proper steps have not been performed to unmoun the iso image from the Computer.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

How did you tried to delete the ISO image on the Computer?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open File Explorer and click on This PC.

2. Right-click on the virtual drive that was created while mounting ISO file and select
    Eject.

3. The virtual drive will be removed from your PC.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't Delete ISO File

1. Can't Delete ISO File - Similar Threads - Can't Delete ISO

2. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  3. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  4. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  6. Can't mount ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount ISO file: After upgrading from Window 10 64 to Windows 11 I can't mount ISO files. I have mount options in Explorer and after choosing it Windows Explorer stops responding. That is the situation with all ISO files, even with those ones, downloaded with Windows 10 on the same notebook...
  7. can't delete file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete file: [ATTACH] The last time i played Forza i downloaded it thru the Microsoft store but they've changed it when i deleted the game it left the program file and i can't delete it is there a way around this?...
  8. I cant delete a iso file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant delete a iso file: the file is 'kali-linux-2021.1-installer-i386.iso' my pc says its a virus and it is it takes 80% cpu usage and i cant stop it when i go into windows security it says i cant delete it I tried the mount and eject and it didnt work and i also did file assasin. please help and...
  9. not able to delete ISO file

in Windows 10 Support
    not able to delete ISO file: hey man can you help me? I have and iso archive file which I'm not able to delete, I'm neither able to eject the added drive. It's taking up space. I wanna get rid of it. Thank you I also tried file assassin but even it couldn't help out. 161786
  10. Delete ISO files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete ISO files?: Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA 55031

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete iso file open in system

2. how to delete items on windows 10 like .iso

3. cant delete iso file from desktop

4. i cant delete windows iso file