Windows 10: Cant delete items on sd card

Discus and support Cant delete items on sd card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have several sd cards and I can open, copy and paste all items to my pc windows 10 but when I right click there is no delete option. The cards are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YvonneHorton, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Cant delete items on sd card

I have several sd cards and I can open, copy and paste all items to my pc windows 10 but when I right click there is no delete option. The cards are not locked and I always used to be able to delete but the option has disappeared. I have tried to format them on the pc but I get the write protection message. I have to delete each item individually on my camera when before I could just delete them all on my pc. Anyone got any suggestions.Thanks

:)

YvonneHorton, Jun 5, 2020
  2. dorsetknob, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Can't delete files from sd card.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1: What is the exact error code/error message you have received when you try to delete/format the files?

2: Is that happening with all the files or with any specific file?

3: Which Operating System are you using?

If you are trying to format the SD card, you may try the following steps.

Please backup your files before proceeding with this step. This will delete all the files saved in the SD Card

Step 1:

Insert the microSD card into your computer card reader. If you do not have a card reader, use a USB card reader to add this capability. If your card reader does not accept microSD cards, insert the card into an SD card adapter
    to convert it to standard SD card size. When doing so, make sure the adapter's lock slider is in the unlocked position.

Step 2:

Click the "Start" button, right-click "Computer" and select "Manage" to open the Computer Management dialog box.

Step 3:

Click "Disk Management" from the left panel.

Step 4:

Right-click the microSD card from the list of storage devices and select "Format."

Step 5:

Click the "File System" drop-down menu and select the file system you wish to use. If the card will be used in personal electronic devices, choose "FAT32" or "FAT." If the card will only be used on your computer, choose "NTFS."

Step 6:

Click "OK" to format the microSD card.

Reply with the required information if the issue is not resolved with the above mentioned steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 8, 2020
  4. bradleyb Win User

Cant delete items on sd card

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant delete items on sd card

1. Cant delete items on sd card - Similar Threads - Cant delete items

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  7. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  8. Cant access USB or SD cards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access USB or SD cards: So i have been trawling the web and bashing my head against the wall for hours. I cant access removable storage. It tells me i need to access the security tab in the properties menu, but there isn't one. Have tried everything in the video linked, but doesnt work. As...
  9. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  10. SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f