Windows 10: can't delete link on onedrive desktop

Discus and support can't delete link on onedrive desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a link to MS Edge on my desktop that I can't delete. When I click on it, nothing happens. When I try to delete it, I get a pop-up talking about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomF37380, Jun 7, 2020.

1. TomF37380 Win User

can't delete link on onedrive desktop

I have a link to MS Edge on my desktop that I can't delete. When I click on it, nothing happens. When I try to delete it, I get a pop-up talking about error code 0x80070780. There is another Edge shortcut that works fine.

The broken one is located in my personal Onedrive desktop and the good one is in the public desktop.

How do I delete this broken link?

:)

TomF37380, Jun 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 7, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

No onedrive

Hello Francis, can't delete link on onedrive desktop :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. can't delete link on onedrive desktop - Similar Threads - can't delete link

2. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue: I have an old computer that I need to give away. It was used with OneDrive and the owner already has a new computer and using OneDrive. It seems like it is not possible to delete files & account info from a single device without obliterating your entire life-long collection...
  3. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue: I have an old computer that I need to give away. It was used with OneDrive and the owner already has a new computer and using OneDrive. It seems like it is not possible to delete files & account info from a single device without obliterating your entire life-long collection...
  4. Trying to Delete Files/Links - OneDrive Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  6. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  7. Deleted Desktop through OneDrive

Deleted Desktop through OneDrive: Hello, I have disabled OneDrive backups for about a year now due to issues opening files - because of this when I got around to clearing up space on my drive several days ago I deleted the C:\Users\<My user account>\OneDrive directory from my PC. After I did, I saw that my...
  8. Desktop linked to Onedrive folder

Desktop linked to Onedrive folder: I was recently attempting to link one drive folders for multiple user access and seem to have changed the way my desktop saves. Now whenever I save to the actual desktop ie right click create new folder on the actual screen, it saves to onedrive. I would like to change this...
  9. Can't send links via OneDrive

Can't send links via OneDrive: Hello, When I click on the OneDrive icon in the bottom right corner of my screen and navigate to a folder that I would like to share, I run into an issue where I am unable to share the folder. When I try to share a link with an external email, one of 3 things happens: -...
  10. OneDrive can I delete desktop

OneDrive can I delete desktop: I have two W10 laptops both version 1909 and I use OneDrive. Is there a way to de-synch my desktop. In other words, there are files I want on one desktop, but not on the other. Note: right-clicking the file and choosing to keep on this device does not do the trick. If I...