Windows 10: Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

Discus and support Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a subfolder in my local OneDriver folder that I would like to delete. However, its status is "sync pending", which makes it impossible to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BerndBausch, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

I have a subfolder in my local OneDriver folder that I would like to delete. However, its status is "sync pending", which makes it impossible to change anything about the folder.While I am aware that there is a bug fix KB4550945, it's over a year old, which makes me doubt whether I should install it.Is it safe to install KB4550945? If not, what can I do to get rid of that folder?In fact, my problem is not so much the "sync pending" status. The problem is that I renamed that folder directly on the OneDrive, but it wasn't renamed on my PC. Furthermore, the PC copy of the folder is empty wherea

:)

BerndBausch, Jul 14, 2021

2. Sync folder between Air and PC locally

I'm looking for a software which will keep folders on my Mac Air and PC synced via the local wireless network.

I usually take my Mac with me everywhere and as such have tons of large downloaded files that I have to manually copy over to the PC. I'm looking for something that'll transfer the files over the local wireless network in my home.

Any suggestions?

aayman_farzand, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive

When I try to unlink a particular folder from OneDrive, it warns me that it will delete all local copies. This is the opposite behavior that I want. I actually want the local copy and do not want that folder stored on OneDrive.

Use Case: The 244 GB .tar file that I am temporarily downloading to my PC so I can process it before being uploaded to my webserver (and all the temporary files I create while processing it) do not need to be on OneDrive. You realize after
    saving it to your Documents folder that It is taking too much space in OneDrive so you want to keep the file locally and not in OneDrive.

Expected behavior: Telling OneDrive not to sync a folder would result in the local copy staying and the OneDrive copy being deleted. If this is not automatic, there should be a prompt on which copy to keep, the local copy or the OneDrive
    copy.

Actual behavior: OneDrive deletes the local copy, the copy you actually need to be able to use. You would have to re-download the 244 GB file again from OneDrive or the source if you want to use it locally.

Requested behavior: There needs to be an option where you can keep the local copy and delete the OneDrive copy.

P.S. Yes, I mean a 244 GB compressed file, not 244 MB. I'm dealing with big data here.

Scott M. Stolz, Jul 14, 2021
  4. Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.

I was over my limit on OneDrive so I deleted folders that were pending to sync from OneDrive on the cloud. But these same folders were also deleted from my PC. I restored those folders from the cloud recycle bin but it did not restore the files that
    were pending to sync or restore those folders to my PC. Is there anyway of recovering these files?

JohnMichael_125, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending"

1. Can't delete local copy of OneDrive folder: "Sync Pending" - Similar Threads - Can't delete local

2. "sync pending" on onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "sync pending" on onedrive: the contents of onedrive folders appear different on my two Dell PCs, one windows 10 and the other windows 11. and the folders are checked "sync pending" so I cannot share them with colleagues by sending a link to them. nowhere can I find intelligible instructions on how to...
  3. "sync pending" on onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "sync pending" on onedrive: the contents of onedrive folders appear different on my two Dell PCs, one windows 10 and the other windows 11. and the folders are checked "sync pending" so I cannot share them with colleagues by sending a link to them. nowhere can I find intelligible instructions on how to...
  4. OneDrive - issues with copying and syncing to local drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - issues with copying and syncing to local drive: I've ditched both Dropbox and Google Drive to go all in on OneDrive. Pretty disappointing to realise then that it has numerous sync issues. Two I'm currently experiencing:Whenever I try to backup my local OneDrive folder to an external hard drive, it responds with an error...
  5. OneDrive - issues with copying and syncing to local drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - issues with copying and syncing to local drive: I've ditched both Dropbox and Google Drive to go all in on OneDrive. Pretty disappointing to realise then that it has numerous sync issues. Two I'm currently experiencing:Whenever I try to backup my local OneDrive folder to an external hard drive, it responds with an error...
  6. Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location: I did a search on this topic and clearly I am not alone in this. My company moved to OneDrive several years ago. The directive from our IT department was to put all files on OneDrive, We were told that if we put them in a particular location on our local HD, it would...
  7. Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with OneDrive deleting files/folders on local sync'd copy location: I did a search on this topic and clearly I am not alone in this. My company moved to OneDrive several years ago. The directive from our IT department was to put all files on OneDrive, We were told that if we put them in a particular location on our local HD, it would...
  8. Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive

Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive: When I try to unlink a particular folder from OneDrive, it warns me that it will delete all local copies. This is the opposite behavior that I want. I actually want the local copy and do not want that folder stored on OneDrive. Use Case: The 244 GB .tar file that I am...
  9. Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.

Deleted pending sync folders from OneDrive but also deleted these folders from my PC.: I was over my limit on OneDrive so I deleted folders that were pending to sync from OneDrive on the cloud. But these same folders were also deleted from my PC. I restored those folders from the cloud recycle bin but it did not restore the files that were pending to sync or...
  10. Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive

Deleting an un-synced copy of one Onedrive: I recently had to do a system re-bootr on my windows 10 PC. When i re-installed one drive I ended up with 2 copies of the same. One shows the blue cloud under status, and the other does not. Am I safe to delete the copy that does not have the blue cloud without deleting all...