Windows 10: Can't delete malwarebytes

Discus and support Can't delete malwarebytes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got Malwarebytes about 2 weeks ago to make sure that I had gotten rid of a nasty virus and it seems to have done it's purpose, however my trial is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chocobeastwolf, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Can't delete malwarebytes

I got Malwarebytes about 2 weeks ago to make sure that I had gotten rid of a nasty virus and it seems to have done it's purpose, however my trial is running out and I would like to delete it but when I go to my program files and try to delete the Malwarebytes folder, the delete option has a blue and yellow shield to the left of it. I then try to delete the file but am greeted with a message saying 'you do not have permission to delete this file', 'only the administrator has permission' or something along those lines.

Is this normal? what can I do to kinda overwrite this? any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Chocobeastwolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chocobeastwolf, Mar 26, 2021

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Mar 26, 2021
  3. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Then activate to premium:

Activate your subscription in Malwarebytes for Windows

HTH

4. Ṣmeed Win User

Can't delete malwarebytes

malwarebytes

As mentioned here:
    Uninstall Malwarebytes for Windows v4 | Official Malwarebytes Support

"To thoroughly uninstall and delete Malwarebytes configuration files, refer to the article Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool."

Seems that you then have to say No in Step 12.... "After the reboot, Malwarebytes Support Tool reopens and displays a message asking if you would like to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows. Select Yes
    to install Malwarebytes."

Ṣmeed, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't delete malwarebytes

1. Can't delete malwarebytes - Similar Threads - Can't delete malwarebytes

2. Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes: just to mention about Malwarebytes, this is one guy that will not go without it I have the pro version and it is well worth the money and works seamlessly with with windows 10 antivirus, it has saved me more than once its has sent me back quite a few times after clicking on...
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/3f79d101-8fa0-487a-9557-e29eba0f5514
  4. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  5. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  6. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes does not uninstall in windows 10 settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes/898094aa-09b0-4cb1-9380-6a14790cb7a9"
  7. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Malwarebytes won't shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/cc6fed93-a7fe-4808-ada4-791a2603fe3c
  8. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  9. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  10. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Can someone Please give me a good trusted free link to MailwareBytes Antispam ware No trial .Thanks Jerry *Smile 50262