Windows 10: Can't Delete my own thread

Discus and support Can't Delete my own thread in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Rob B. - MVP Please stop answering my questions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sqrly, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Sqrly Win User

Can't Delete my own thread

Rob B. - MVP

Please stop answering my questions.

:)

Sqrly, Mar 3, 2019
  2. imperialreign, Mar 3, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 3, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't Delete my own thread :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Delete my own thread - Similar Threads - Can't Delete own

2. DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DO NOT REPLY - THREAD TO BE DELETED: I'd been working on my laptop since 11pm last night (UK - it's 1:07am now). When shutting it down I saw that there had been a WU - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems. I powered it up again and found the following had happened: (1) 40 or so...
  3. Can't delete files from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete files from my desktop: I saved 2 files as PDFs. I couldn't rename them and now I cannot delete them from the desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-files-from-my-desktop/e94377c9-6ed5-4b7b-9aec-c0dab6d14ba7"
  4. Can't delete files from My Documents

Can't delete files from My Documents: I bough a new laptop recently, transferred my files from the old one to it and today I noticed that I can't delete any files from My Documents usual way. The only way to get rid of them is to move tgem to the desktop for example and then it's possible to delete them. Can you...
  5. on my computer and i can't delete it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    on my computer and i can't delete it: i have a web discover browser on mycomputer and i can't delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/on-my-computer-and-i-cant-delete-it/e4fd2084-98d6-4992-b8b1-6acfe8011b39
  6. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  7. I can't delete my temporary files!

I can't delete my temporary files!: This is probably something that's been going around for a while but I have found no solution whatsoever. The problem I have is that I am unable to delete my temporary files. Here is a screenshot of my current storage *according to settings [ATTACH] As you can see, 36.6...
  8. My notpad dissapeared on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My notpad dissapeared on it's own: I was writing something for a week and i never saved it cuz my notepad stayed opened in the taskbar, but now it suddenly dissapeared, is there any way to get that text i wrote back?...
  9. Can't delete icon from my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icon from my desktop: Since I updated my Windows 10 to Redstone 5, I can't get rid of my 7+ Taskbar Tweaker icon from my desktop. I delete it - but it comes back very shortly. Any suggestions? 110971
  10. Cannot delete files owned by "Administrators" group

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete files owned by "Administrators" group: Hi, I have a non-Windows 10 specific problem. I want to delete a Windows.old folder and it is owned by the Administrators group to which I belong. I actually use the built-in-Administrator-account with UAC completely turned off via registry hack. When I open the command...