Windows 10: Can't delete or fix iCloud notification

Discus and support Can't delete or fix iCloud notification in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My daughter's Windows 10 Laptop gives her a notification that her iCloud is almost full. She gets it about every 20 minutes or so. She knows nothing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gilloz, Jun 26, 2016.

1. gilloz Win User

Can't delete or fix iCloud notification

My daughter's Windows 10 Laptop gives her a notification that her iCloud is almost full. She gets it about every 20 minutes or so. She knows nothing about iCloud and neither do I. So, how do I get rid of this notification?

:)

gilloz, Jun 26, 2016

2. Turn off icloud storage notifications on Windows.

People, the solution posted by Tim_C_225 and the MS bot DOES NOT WORK. There's at least 20 posts confirming this.

The only way you can stop iCloud space notifications is one of the below.

If you can't do 2. then I recommend 3. as in my opinion the app notifications under Windows 10 is just noise that adds no value.

1. Uninstall iCloud

2. fix the space issue

3. Disable app notifications entirely.

4. Go back to Windows 7

Mike Lehmann, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Turn off icloud storage notifications on Windows.

Yes, as reported by many others, the solution provided by Tim_C_225 does not work, it will turn on again after rebooting.

The only way to be sure of stopping it (assuming that you can't or won't fix the actual cause of the notification, which is lack of available space in icloud) is to disable app notifications entirely. This is done in the same settings panel as disabling
    individual apps.

Note that this is not specifically an iCloud issue, other apps have been observed doing the same thing, turning back on their notification control after reboot.

In my opinion, it's best to disable app notifications entirely as having it on just generates endless pointless popups.

Mike Lehmann, Jun 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Maybe one of these pages has help:
    remove icloud at DuckDuckGo

Berton, Jun 26, 2016
  5. gilloz Win User
    OK, I found the problem. It was a matter of going to Settings, then System and Notifications & Actions. There I switched OFF the notification for iCloud. Thanks Berton for taking the time to respond. Little by little I am learning Windows 10. Have a good day.

gilloz, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    You're welcome and you have a good day also.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't delete or fix iCloud notification - Similar Threads - Can't delete fix

2. can't delete iCloud message from Pc screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't delete iCloud message from Pc screen: Constantly iCloud is prompting on my Pc screen to enter my password when I am working with windows11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-icloud-message-from-pc-screen/2756eba4-e620-4b27-904b-c42f79c88e10
  3. can't delete iCloud message from Pc screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't delete iCloud message from Pc screen: Constantly iCloud is prompting on my Pc screen to enter my password when I am working with windows11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-icloud-message-from-pc-screen/2756eba4-e620-4b27-904b-c42f79c88e10
  4. installed icloud via microsoft store but can't fully delete icloud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    installed icloud via microsoft store but can't fully delete icloud: installed icloud via the microsoft store, but I wanted to get the normal version not the microsoft store one. now I run into the issue that I can't get the microsoft store version fully uninstalled. when trying to instal the normal icloud for windows I get the error "one or...
  5. Icloud not appearing in windows 10 notification settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud not appearing in windows 10 notification settings: I'd like to turn off the notification i get from icloud when i move a file out of the cloud to a folder on my PC but icloud does not appear in my notification settings 162674
  6. Icloud not appearing in windows 10 notification settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Icloud not appearing in windows 10 notification settings: I'd like to turn off the notification i get from icloud when i move a file out of the cloud to a folder on my PC but icloud does not appear in my notification settings 162674
  7. Can't delete Icloud from the system as it does not appear in the uninstall settings, but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't delete Icloud from the system as it does not appear in the uninstall settings, but...: In the Microsoft store when I open ICloud, it says that I own this product, however, when I check my files and programs and even the uninstall programs settings feature, I am unable to locate for ICloud. When I go to My Library in the Microsoft store, it shows that I have...
  8. iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    iCloud notifications in Outlook (Office 365): I have office 365 installed and use Office Outlook for all my email, calendars and contacts. Icloud for windows is installed. I share my calendar with my wife's account and vice versa. Everything syncs well (most of the time) but on my wife's computer there are 579...
  9. Delete Notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Notifications: I would like to banish annoying notification in the action center. There are really good one but many times that confused me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-notifications/b9f0433b-17cc-4e90-b10c-e6c0ce2e8f01
  10. Can't install icloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install icloud: I have a new laptop running windows 10 with the 1803 update. I am having trouble installing both iTunes and iCloud. iTunes appears in the list from windows on the bottom left and I can open it from there but it is not in my installed program files. iCloud starts installing...