Windows 10: Can't Delete or Rename my folders?

Discus and support Can't Delete or Rename my folders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Made some new folders recently and I can't rename or even delete them. The option is grayed out and I can't select it. I checked for permission on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/helloworld19_97, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Can't Delete or Rename my folders?

Made some new folders recently and I can't rename or even delete them. The option is grayed out and I can't select it. I checked for permission on the security section and it said that I have full access to modify them. Never experience this before. Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/helloworld19_97
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/helloworld19_97, Feb 2, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Can't Delete or Rename my folders? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Can't Delete or Rename my folders? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Can't Delete or Rename my folders?

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't Delete or Rename my folders?

1. Can't Delete or Rename my folders? - Similar Threads - Can't Delete Rename

2. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  3. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  4. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Rename a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Rename a Folder: I'm trying to get rid of duplicate photos. I used CCleaner which showed duplicates in:"C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads.old"When I look at it, it's path is:"C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads". When I look at the file, the name is...
  6. Unable to delete or rename folders

Unable to delete or rename folders: I am sorry, but what the hell is going on Windows 10? Three days ago my windows forced me to restart the pc and accept the update. But after windows start again trapped in blue page. I made boot file by hand and windows started finally. But after that day my pc is handling...
  7. Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move, rename, delete file or folder, where is my file shortcut: Hello, I am frustrating out here... I have multiple problems. And I don't know if it is appropriate to put all questions in one thread, but let me do it. This is my first post. Sorry for it. Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) So the problem occurs like the...
  8. Can't rename folders

Can't rename folders: I created a new folder on my surface pro on the C Drive. When I attempt to rename it by tapping on the folder, and then clicking rename it allows me into the folder name, but the minute I bring up the virtual keyboard the focus changes, and I am no longer on the folder name...
  9. Can't rename a folder.

Can't rename a folder.: I love when Explorer won't allow me to rename a folder, when literally nothing is using the folder at all in any **** i n g way, you **** h o l e s. It doesn't even have the courtesy to tell me what ghost program is using the folder....
  10. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...